Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a day that we knew, was coming for our family. at 12:00 this afternoon we took our son to, the navy recruiting office cause he is shipping out too boot camp. it was hard for us cause he is our only child, he is also my son and my best friend and my fishing buddy. i started him at age two and he got hooked right away and as the, years passed by he really got good at it.of course once we got our trophy boat he kicked my butt, and those who have seen us out there or back at the dock. saw the bond we have and the love for fishing, but he wants to be the third. member of our family to wear the navy uniform,and virgie and i are really proud of him for that. i known that it is not the end of the world and we have many more years of fishing and family time. but i'll say this too all who have children take them fishing, and enjoy every minute with them cause they grow up really fast.and this i can say i'm a dod police officer and my wife a navy chief,and thought we were tough !!!!! well we cried all the way home MEXMAN

·
Registered
394 Posts
Godspeed to your son. I have 3 kids (2 girls and a boy) and I have been fishing with them 2 of the last three days. The bond one forms while sharing a passion with his/her children is like no other. My family and I thank you for your family’s service to our country!!!

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
MEX,
I wish you the very best for your Son. I know it's a hard thing to do, watching your Son set a course of his own. I set my course more than 33 years ago and my Father saw me off to recruit training. Years later he commissioned me as an Officer and I've not looked back since.

I hope in some way he'll get assigned to my command with the Fleet Readiness Centers. We place extreme value in our Sailors, Marines, Civilians and their Families. If there's anything I can do send me an email and if I can assist, I will.

All the best,
Wil

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds like you have raised a great young man. Thank You for your time in the service, and I appreciate all the sacrifices by those in uniform to keep this great country free. As you know the Navy will change him forever, in a very good way.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mexman,
Thank your son for us at our house for his service. Yeah tough guys cry too. He'll be well trained and in God's hands. I know I lost it when our youngest was in Iraq with the Marines in '03. Go figure, now he's in Afghanistan with 4th Infantry Army. You're a good man and father.

Next time you're at Cove Marina, come on in and we'll have a cup of joe.

Carlos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.