Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy has been ill for a couple of weeks after eating raw bread dough when Karen went to the rest room. This morning when we came down to take him for a third vet visit (he had been twice already with the second lasting 3 days) He had passed away in his crate.

Please if you have dogs Do Not Let THEM EAT RAW DOUGH. It does not affect them right away, it takes a couple of days for the gastric infection to set in and by then it may be too late.

Dave

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That sucks, Dave. Sorry about that. Never heard that warning before but there are lots of things that are toxic to dogs and not humans. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The active yeast in bread dough stays active in their stomachs.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Damn Dave that Suxs I wait till I get home to tell Brian he really liked Buddy

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
I am really sorry to hear of your loss..

One of our mutts recenty ate a king size BUTTERFINGER.. took me a while to figure out what happend to it.. then...bright yellow wrapper out in the back yard...We were worried, but it all worked its way out.

MG

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Dave,Im SORRY for your loss,I can relate all to well.Im not much on this,but if I were there I would give you a Big Man Hug.Im thinking Buddy is probably up there drinking some Beer and hitting on my Zoe,thinking that since she is a Biker and they are usually easy he is gonna score.RIP Buddy

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Buddy will be missed alot, we plan to find one of the many pictures we have of him and frame it with his name tag under it as a memorial in our home.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts