Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to upgrade my ride. currently checking or scout and sailfish pretty hard.. any advise from the gang..??

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I think both are very nice boats that have reputations of riding well. Both also did well with JD Powers. I tend to think the Sailfish is a little more hard core fishing and the scout a little more family friendly. What models exactly are you comparing?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wish they had May-Craft on tha JD Power survey.

Just got back from Ed's. They had an 18, 19 and 20 cc May Craft for $13, $16, and $ respectively. All looked really nice.

The Sea Hunt and Sea Chaser's were cheaper, but I think the back of both of these brands is terrible. All the room is taken up by the seat and the horribley inefficient way they hang the motors. The Sea Boss' were all shrinkwrapped in storage, so I didn't look at them, but after reading a little on the internet, I think they're not much of an option.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
May-craft probably doesnt build enough boats to even be considered for JD Powers. Even if they did, I think JD powers may not survey owners as many of the boats are purchased for commercial use.

·
Registered
16 Posts
JD powers dosn't mean a thing it is mainly be a manufactor has to build a certain number of boats. If it means anything where is the Pursuit, Contender, Regulator, Ablermarle , and other good boat builders

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
JD Powers is initial quality only... It is ****. Just fun to kick around. Ask owners how they feel about their boats 2,5, or even 10 years after owning it and you will have something..

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well said dconner! All JD does is report what the big companys find out in there own custom questioniers. Companys that build great boats like Maycraft are more worried about putting out a good prodruct at a good price, than spending millions in marketing and advertising. Like Brunswick who is a marketing machine, but ruinsevery company they buy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i own a sailfish 266 twin 150 and to be honest i think its probally one of the best rides to buy. before i bought it i looked at all the boats i could and by far the sailfish beat out the high dollar name boats like reg. and contender also a boat to look at is the southport they are becomeing popular fast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts