Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it's late, cant sleep tonight, so wanted to register My family for salt registry.
I fish all the Potomac below ww.bridge/Bay & any where my PRFC boat/sport license lets me. I know I understand ,that anyone else on my boat must register (except myself) as explained 2011 reg's I'm registered threw my PRFC license- Kool, now I go to NOAA site to register my wife & kids & there is a $15.00 fee!!! I go to MD site & it's free, I go to Va site & its free. why is this?? since I will fish mainly Md waters in a Va registered boat out of Ragged pt Va. with my family & FRIENDS ON MY BOAT, I opt to get the free registry for all of them ! I have 7-10 guests fish on my boat a year. Am I correct people? please enlighten me. MANY THANKS & to all , have a safe & productive season.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
There are now both STATE and FEDERAL registery requirements.

The various STATE registeries cover you for the FEDERAL NOAA registery requirements because those states have worked out a system to provide the necessary angler info to the feds. NOAA wants you to go through the state license system, hence the $15 disincentive if you choose to go through NOAA rather than a state license system.

Even if your guests were registered with NOAA, they would not be in compliance with the STATE registery requirements in MD or VA if they did not register with the state they are fishing in.

This complexity could be easily simplified if everyone had to get a tidewater state license. Maintaining the boat license and the MD/VA reciprocity is what is making this process more complex.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.