Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi planning on heading south this weekend. Have been on others boats but not ours and did not pay attention to gas and mileage lol. Anyone here know the mileage and gas they normally use up? And just in case what time the gas docks at rudder and lynhaven close in case we decide to fill up before we get back. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
You are approximately 30 miles from Rudee Inlet. Add another 30 miles to that. Could be another ten each way depending on the location of the school(s).

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I made that run from Saltponds this weekend. It's 23 to Rudee then another 30 to 45 depending on whether the fish are off Corolla Light or Wright Memorial. Gasoline at Saltponds is $3.25 a gallon and gas at Rudee is $3.45. Believe they both close at 5 pm. Can't help you on how much gas you will burn...all depends on your boat. I got it out of my system this weekend making that run and won't do it again unless the striper move back into VA water. Good luck if you go.

Also the dredge is working our inlet now so going at night around all this gear might be fun.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I went a few weeks ago. Same as above won't do that again for a couple of stripers. PLUS we lost 90% steering after we got there, glad it was calm for the ride back but still had alot of puker factor. Mike does that say he monitors channel 78? Hopefully gonna pull her this weekend, gonna be fun going around with limited steering. Also how much ice in the boat basin, ant idea?

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Timber, yea they monitor 78. Sign says they monitor 16 and 78 but they did not respond to 16 on Sunday. There is no ice in the inlet right now. When I got fuel on Friday, there was a thin layer of ice from Saltpond Marina M dock to the fuel dock and up the inlet. I suspect we will get more ice with the cold front that will hit Fri-Sat-Sun this week. I gave Pete on the Rockhound a hard time because the last 2 times I fueled there, I broke the ice then he followed behind me like he was waiting for me to break his ice. :D

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
LOL, the carolina 25 in the basin did that last time I went out too. We need to meet up next time I get down. I plan on running her to wallaces Sun. to pull out, hopefully it will be just a thin layer. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol that's funny about the Rockhound. Mike i saw your post and was hoping youd get back. Glad ya got rid of the itch. I thank you guys for the input. Yea it doesn't look to good This weekend. I was hoping I can get them around the Va/Nc border if not around currituck light will prolly be the farthest I venture out but the wx doesn't look to good. Hopefully they migrate north soon but guessing we need warmer wx. Thx

·
Registered
185 Posts
i belive the rockhound(also in saltponds) is trying to get a walk-on trip together for sunday. if you are unsure about running your boat down visit rockhoundcharters.com and give capt. pete a call

1 - 10 of 10 Posts