Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last 2 months
saltwater sportsman magazine has the outer banks of nc as the number 1 area for stripped bass (or best bet) with number 2 going to Virginia (VA beach area).....

ok this just tells you about this magazine period. We have had pitiful rockfish seasons for the last 3 seasons now....there have been a couple days of decent fishing but other than that its been at least a 40 mile run 1 way from Oregon inlet.....half the charter fleet has gone to VA for the winter.....while in VA the season from all accounts has been pretty good....

way to do your homework SS....like in fact don't even check 1 website talk to one captain or anything just spin the wheel and see where it lands....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey i read that too and laughed. They were off by a few months thats fer sure... thought about writing and saying that they were off but figured enough readers would know that

·
Registered
353 Posts
Carey,
That's just typical of that tribe,.......they'll take some part time wanna be and make him look like he was a creater of fishing...pretty sad........and in the mean time they'll be downing the commercial fishing industry with every other breath.I would'nt even use that rag of a mag. to wipe my ass with.
Rick Caton
F/V FREE AGENT
over and out

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
haha....well put rick. As far as Saltwater sportsman it does seem that sometimes a particular captains fishing catching ability and intuition gets put behind certain other characteristics completely unrelated to fishing like "I'll scratch your back, if you scratch mine (IE take them fishing). Or there pro "secret rigs" for catching Blue fish and tog! haha what a load of BS and i swear if i see another issue this winter with there "Top 25 striper lures of all time" i might go postal...hhaha Hope your catching them up man. Sounds like patrick was getting a few boxes of kings before he went up to the mountains.

cheers
carey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts