Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After this weekends trip to the cbbt and more cold weather this week things don't look good.My quess is it's about over in the bay and time to think about ocean fishing.It's a repeat of last year.My conclusion is it's a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Good Advice! We spent $200 in fuel yesterday and got nothing. Still lots of fun, but not fish to show for it!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I think that way also but I try to stay positive with the thought of other fishing opportunities like the Hot Ditch and freshwater lakes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you were not fishing down deep and along structure would not have caught them yesterday. There was one other boat fishing on the other side of bridge using same set-up catching them as well. Storms down deep on bottom with 3 way 20 oz. weight bouncing off rocks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that way also but I try to stay positive with the thought of other fishing opportunities like the Hot Ditch and freshwater lakes.
Don't get me wrong ,i'm not trying to be negative at all.I'll still be fishing and enjoying it,just not in the bay.I think it got to cold to quick and i don't believe it will get better any time soon.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i think the weather has a lot to do with it but the fish are at the cbbt i marked them all along the tubes at the 2nd friday down deep 50ft or so along with bait just couldnt get a bite.it's not hot by any means but the right technic and persistance wil get you a few.

·
Registered
66 Posts
we also marked fish all day yesterday -same location- and tried just about everything with no luck... except for one monster toad fish on an eel! and to top it off the fish had a bucktail embedded in its gut... one mean, ugly dude!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Its Bo time....I mean Ocean time! Its not over. We just need 2-3 warming days and things will get better. Lets hope the rudee work wont jam us up!!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yes we hit the ocean yesterday from 1-2 miles out....Nada not even marks, that was North of FI

·
Registered
292 Posts
Went Saturday with Number #1 son home from college. Not even a strike but we had a good time, beat the heck out of working

·
Registered
189 Posts
I ate at rudees yesterday and watched the boats come in a few charters came in most of them had one or two fish hopefully not another sad year to come

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think the weather has a lot to do with it but the fish are at the cbbt i marked them all along the tubes at the 2nd friday down deep 50ft or so along with bait just couldnt get a bite.it's not hot by any means but the right technic and persistance wil get you a few.
We didn't take a skunk,but it was very slow pickings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We spent Friday and Saturday being frustrated. We found fish where we expected, north of island four, opposite side of the channel at plantation light, but no hits on our eels or our various jigs. I would rather eat ground glass than troll, so like the universal no banana rule, there is no trolling allowed on our boat, unless a man with a gun is making us. The people trolling we saw at plantation area, did not produce. The temperature of the water was 44.5 and we tried deep to hit warmer water, we tried casting on all the rock piles, we tried the hole near the high rise, and never had a hit.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
We spent Saturday east of the high-rise and around Fisherman's Island trolling and eeling without a single bite. Marked fish near the bottom but no love for us. Decided to call it a day around 2:00 pm when the rain and fog started moving in. It was kinda funny back at the marina because nearly every boat that came in would ask...... hey do you want some eels? No one we talked to had a single fish. So far it's shaping up to be the second miserable striper season for me in a row.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts