Tidal Fish Forum banner

Same rock limit for all?!

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Capt.Nick 
#1 ·
#15 ·

OK after talking to a Dnr rep. I was appointed to the article above. Which says that charter boat customers who are on a boat where the charter boat captain participates in the electronic survey. Get to keep two fish, rock, per day.

personally I’m still against all Anglers not being treated the same. Either one fish for all or two fish for all. They could’ve close the season in a month early say November 10 and give us all two Fish.

#18 ·
By "source", I was hoping to see an official source. Anybody can repeat what they "hear" or what a magazine prints. I emailed DNR directly for the official reading...It's pretty easy and they are responsive.
I pointed out the ambiguity on their web site regarding the definition of "anglers".

Margie Maccubbin -DNR-
11:31 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

This is what Fisheries just advise:

For the summer/fall season, the general rule is 1 fish, 19" or larger. If a charterboat captain is participating in the FACTS electronic reporting program, it's 2 fish, 19" or larger. But if the charterboat captain isn't in that program, it's 1 fish per person.

Thanks,

#19 ·
By "source", I was hoping to see an official source. Anybody can repeat what they "hear" or what a magazine prints. I emailed DNR directly for the official reading...It's pretty easy and they are responsive.
I pointed out the ambiguity on their web site regarding the definition of "anglers".

Margie Maccubbin -DNR-
11:31 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

This is what Fisheries just advise:

For the summer/fall season, the general rule is 1 fish, 19" or larger. If a charterboat captain is participating in the FACTS electronic reporting program, it's 2 fish, 19" or larger. But if the charterboat captain isn't in that program, it's 1 fish per person.

Thanks,
How does a rec fisherman sign up for the FACTS electronic reporting program? Would certainly be will to report on any fish I catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.