Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Why not? If the program is intended to track how many fish are harvested why is the number harvested by the rec fisherman being ignored. There are a lot of rec fisherman and by ignoring their harvest the data collected is incomplete!
There's more to it. You have to hail in when you leave to go fishing , if you decide to abort the fishing trip you must hail back in to let them know you won't be fishing. You have to place ID letters on your hull so the DNR can identify you are in the program and if stopped, they can check to make sure you didn't forget to hail in .When you are done fishing for the day you must report back in with your catch data while still on the boat and where and when about your ETA. and where you will land so they can possibly spot check your reported catch. Who knows , there may be an electronic hail in program in the future for recreational fishermen and you might get your wish Maybe when the projected quota is caught the season ends ? It was apiolet program started for last year 2019 for all USCG licensed guides. I attended one of the first piolet programs in Jan. 2020 before the plague shut down in person classes. I haven't signed up for it .

YOU CAN'T...... GARY
There's more to it. You have to hail in when you leave to go fishing , if you decide to abort the fishing trip you must hail back in to let them know you won't be fishing. You have to place ID letters on your hull so the DNR can identify you are in the program and if stopped, they can check to make sure you didn't forget to hail in .When you are done fishing for the day you must report back in with your catch data while still on the boat and where and when about your ETA. and where you will land so they can possibly spot check your reported catch. Who knows , there may be an electronic hail in program in the future for recreational fishermen and you might get your wish Maybe when the projected quota is caught the season ends ? It was apiolet program started for last year 2019 for all USCG licensed guides. I attended one of the first piolet programs in Jan. 2020 before the plague shut down in person classes. I haven't signed up for it .
Thanks for the information

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.