Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made another run to SB fished an hour at the beach at Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge ~ nothing doin there so I slid up to same spot just south of the LIP as last night where I caught a dozen small croakers and few skates.

Actually stopped bait fishing because skates were starting to get thick again. Chris (one of the Refuge rangers) said it's there breeding season here ~ no surprise to me from last two trips so I think I'll hit a pier elsewhere tomorrow [grin]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the report!

I fished just south of the pier in the "sport fishing only" last staurday (6/17) from about 8:30am throught about two hours after high tide (1pm). It started slow, as I expected, and picked up about two hours before high to about 2:30pm. I took my bro-in-law and fished bloodworm in the surf, on spot rigs. I also threw some cut mullet long and only go one hit all day. We did OK on the light tackle in the surf. Bill started us off with a small roundhead and shortly followed it with a 20" striper. We caught a bunch (15-18) of nice size spot. In the thick of it I pulled a couple of doubles. Right before the spot started biting, I got a nice hit and landed a 21" puppy drum. All of the fish caught bit on the bloodworm.

Thanks for putting some info on this thread. We need more reports! I will try to keep my end and get my report on in a more timely manner.

I fished from the kayak in Rudee inlet yesterday and got skunked from 7:30am until about 11:30am.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Skinny,

Thanks for the skinny on the pup![tongue] Good to see some others latching on to the surf board and posting. Can't wait to get this board off and running like it should be.

Thinking of hitting Back Bay or where you fished in the AM tommorrow, but don't want to go back through skate central as Bucket did last night.

·
Registered
593 Posts
[Q].....what happened on p and s guys?
[/Q]

Selective Enforcement and BS~![tongue]

See me on the sand or beach one day and I'll tell you the story. Anyway, glad to be here now as we have always been here, just didn't post much surf stuff.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Dixie,

We need to hook up and do some fishing again sometime soon. It's been a while.......

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Thanks for the report I found you guys hope to see ya on the beach and planks soon.

Maybe this board just got a little better.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Rick,

I'd like to think so [tongue] At least TF surf board will get some quasi regular local fishin' reports out of us. Headed to FLA for a week so might just have a report or two from the sunshine state
[wink]

Mark

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Mark good to hear from you again. Have fun in the sunshine state maybe it will be a loy drier there than it is here.

Rick

·
Registered
593 Posts
Good ta have ya over Andy!

Where Ya fishing this weekend?? I will most likely stick to the sand down in BB!!!![wink]

·
Registered
593 Posts
10-4!

Have a safe trip back my friend!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts