Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im heading down to sandbridge for a week leaving next sunday. what else is there around near the shore other than cobia. im rather new to kayak fishing, so i probably couldnt hold up with a 2 mile offshore paddle for monster cobia..

thanks
-TP

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
There is lots of bait around Little Island Pier, the pier anglers have been catching roundhead (whiting), Spot and Croaker. There has also been sporadic bluefish bites. I plan on fishing there some this week and weekend. Look for the truck with wilderness systems stickers on it with trailer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't fly fish but there's a real good chance to catch some bluefish at Sandbridge. I use a 3/8 oz. jighead with an Electric Chicken saltwater Assassin. If they keep getting bitten in half, I switch to a Gotcha lure - red head/ white belly or the new pink head and top/ chartreuse belly (what a coincidence - same color pattern as Electric Chicken). If we're lucky, maybe some Spanish Mackerel will be here by then. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i fish mostly in the middle bay area catching small blues. do the ones around here have any good size to them?

-TP

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
They have been running from 16 to 30-inches. What ever you do it will be worth the effort. There is also some pretty good sweet water fishing at Back Bay Wildlife Refuge (just past little Island Park)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts