Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about leaving from SPSP on saturday to try trolling the BP to TP area.
Ive never launched from there before so any info would help. I,m coming down from rising sun. The flats are just to damn muddy right now so im going to work on the spring rig. any info on ramps,fishing, or people fishing the area will be very helpful

thanks

jbfishingfool

·
Premium Member
26,187 Posts
Sandy Point has 22 ramps-one of the best public launch sites in Md.Make sure to bring good crisp $1.00 bills for the auto-gate.Well marked channel leads you to the bay.No wake zone until clear of the jetty.Don't go under the bridge until you pass the A frame pilings or 20' of water.Bloody Point is about 10 miles SE of the ramps.Watch out for debri-we saw some logs last week end. Good luck. Skip

·
Registered
864 Posts
Another choice is to use the ramp at Matapeake on KI below the BB. I used that ramp for years coming from Elkton. Used to be $3.00 day.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
jb..also check out Sailfish 27's report of sandy point 3/24. I usually fish a TPL to BPL to 1A West river triangle. It seems most people right now are fishing the channel (deep water) looking for some warm pockets of water. Look at the threads. People are catching fish near where you are going in.

Good luck,
Jim

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent brother,
Damm, Sailfish 27 said all the good stuff and niow I have nothing left to say. The water here is a bit dingy, but; it seems like it got better today. depending on what time you get there how much you have to pay. If the booth is closed I think it's $3 to get in the park. If the booth is open it's $3 per person to get in. I'm not sure But I thiught I saw that on the weekends it may go up from $3 to $5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts