Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm changing the stickers on my Bass Tracker to SPRIPED BASS TRACKER:D We had a GOOD problem today...the cooler wasn't big enough to fit the biggest rock:D

Photobucket

The plan was to fish solo today out of Sandy Point. However, on the way out of my neighborhood I noticed my good friend Allan working in his garage. I stopped to ask if he was busy and would like to come fishing. He said it was a tough decision because it is Bethany's birthday (His girlfriend). He didn't even call to ask, he just hopped in the truck:nono: Allan told me if she gets mad he could say that he was going to make dinner for her birthday and only the freshest rockfish would do:D So, once again the pressure was on to catch rock:eek:

Launched from Sandy Point and was greeted by Skip on the way out. He told me hackets was hot for spot today so we started out that way. Turned the corner and met a 1-2 foot chop as predicted:eek2: My boat is borderline stupid to be out in the bay so we decided to try at Dollys instead of Hackets. Had a good time bailing spot and rockin' out to some tunes.

http://i386.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/spynet000/livewell.flv

I knew the current was going to be slow today and that the blues would probably be hungry for our spot so we put 50 in the well and went to a spot along Hackets. Put spot over and landed a 17.5 that went back. After about and hour we got our first keeper rock that was 22'':clapping2: The bite was slower than usual so I decided to head towards the pipe. I was greeted by 4 or 5 other boats thinking the same thing but still managed to pull out these big boys...!!

Photobucket

The bite was best about an hour before dark. We had to switch to circle hooks after we landed our limit but then realized we ran out of spot:censored: Can't stand those blues!! Decided to take some pictures and soak up a nice ride back to the dock. What a nice afternoon on the bay. Here's to October:chugbeer:

http://i386.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid386.photobucket.com/albums/oo303/spynet000/ridein.flv

The pics don't do these fish justice, the smallest rock on the bottom is a 22'' rock. And the biggest is 33'':clapping2:

Photobucket

Missed a few today- Allan had one follow it back to the boat and swipe at the spot as he took it out of the water! Landed about ten or so today- Not bad for using a bass tracker for fishing in the main bay!

Dave

·
Premium Member
26,108 Posts
Sweet fish :clapping2::clapping2:. 33 '' is a real nice fall fish :thumbup:. Congrats :clap:.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Very nice Dave! Wish I could have put that one in the box the other day! Hope we can put some like that in the boat on Saturday...gotta put some out of town friends on fish!!! Oh, the pressure!! Seriously, good job!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice Dave! Wish I could have put that one in the box the other day! Hope we can put some like that in the boat on Saturday...gotta put some out of town friends on fish!!! Oh, the pressure!! Seriously, good job!
Should be a nice day. No reason why you shouldn't be able to put them on some fish. Im going with my Dad and one of his friends that is expecting a limit as well:eek2: I like the pressure though, it keeps me fishing hard.

Dave

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:bigfish: what a great day. How many pirahnas did you have to go threw to catch those 10 rock?
Never landed a single blue but i'd say they bit off 30 out of the 50 spot we used. I don't know where the 10- 15 spot per person rule of thumb came about but I sure as heck aint leaving my spot spot without 20 per person. I'm putting 100 in the well Saturday. If a spot gives me so much as a half hearted effort in the water he is changed out immediately.

Dave

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Never landed a single blue but i'd say they bit off 30 out of the 50 spot we used. I don't know where the 10- 15 spot per person rule of thumb came about but I sure as heck aint leaving my spot spot without 20 per person. I'm putting 100 in the well Saturday. If a spot gives me so much as a half hearted effort in the water he is changed out immediately.

Dave
Dave,
Gotta agree with you 100% on that one, I just hope I can keep the kids from puking long enough to catch enough spot Saturday. What time you headed out? Give me a call when you get out there...we'll probably see you at the normal spots!
Mark

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave,
Gotta agree with you 100% on that one, I just hope I can keep the kids from puking long enough to catch enough spot Saturday. What time you headed out? Give me a call when you get out there...we'll probably see you at the normal spots!
Mark
I'll be at Dollys at sunup but who knows where after that. Been finding a bigger class of rock near the ship channel. There were about a dozen police and coast guard out cutting boats off at the bridge. I thought I was doing something wrong at first:eek2:

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I'll be at Dollys at sunup but who knows where after that. Been finding a bigger class of rock near the ship channel. There were about a dozen police and coast guard out cutting boats off at the bridge. I thought I was doing something wrong at first:eek2:
Another Jumper,maybe?I'll be there in the a.m. also. [Mike]

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Very nice fish. I like "striped bass tracker." DNR has been conducting training exercises out of Mattapeake this week. Had about 6 boats out there tonight. Might have been what you saw.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
there was no room on the pipe. she was clogged! were you the guys in the center con with two other guys one looked like he may have just got off work :) you jigged a few minutes then slowly went to the pipe?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
there was no room on the pipe. she was clogged! were you the guys in the center con with two other guys one looked like he may have just got off work :) you jigged a few minutes then slowly went to the pipe?
Yes.. Alas,, I looked VERY out of place with Kahaki's and a button down shirt. I got the phone call, " Hey B lets go fishing" around 11:30 AM, I said I ain't got time to change, but I'll be there.... I was ALSO the only one not wearing Crocs...:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts