Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when we arrived at Sandy Point there was a sign indicating no admittance before 8:30am unless you were a boater with a swipe card.:eek2: Thankfully we had a card.:D Not sure if this was just for today, or what. The far left entry way has a machine that usually accepts your $3, but they had a cover on it. Maybe it is just out of order. Anyone else know something about this.:confused: Skip?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey , Was the swipe card your "fun pass" ?? Thanks. Bill

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I think they do that because of the "Lights on the Bay" display all over the park - they don't want people putting $3 in the machine then going in tearing up the place. I think its "cards only" until after Jan 1.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
After Thanksgiving- thhe ranger does not open the gate until around 8:00 am due to the light display.The 3 ramps closest to the bathroom will be the only ones open.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
We should have just woke the ranger up that was sleeping in his truck...:D:D

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
There is suppose to be a "new" system going in after Jan 1 I was told when I got my swipe pass.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
After Thanksgiving- thhe ranger does not open the gate until around 8:00 am due to the light display.The 3 ramps closest to the bathroom will be the only ones open.
Is 3 enough to handle the fall load or does it jam up?

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
That sucks!I don't use Sandy Point enough to warrant buying a $75.00 pass.So you don't buy a pass and are penalized.[can't get in early].Our fine State!:wacko:

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Yeah the dudes there in line ahead of us today who had been waiting since 6:30 were pretty pissed off too, they had to turn around and leave and find another place to drop. I'd have had a few nice words for someone, luckily Don came through for us!

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
There is never a very big crowd of boats this time of year.The big Christmas light display takes up alot of the parking lot.There is still tons of parking and the 3 ramps allow 6 boats to launch at once.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
There is never a very big crowd of boats this time of year.The big Christmas light display takes up alot of the parking lot.There is still tons of parking and the 3 ramps allow 6 boats to launch at once.
Thanks Skip, I'm between trailering to there and Ches Beach this weekend, got a pass this summer so just wondering what to expect

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
You need to be out of the park by 4:30 pm.They close it to boaters - then reopen at 5:00 for the lights on the bay.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't have any trouble getting out after dark last year. Always fun driving out through the lights.
I think Skip got in trouble one year with this:eek2:...something about some lights that accidentally became unplugged?:nono:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Man i'm glad I logged in I was planning on being at Sandy Point at 6:30 but I don't have a swipe card. Thanks guys I'll just get an extra hour sleep and start a little later tomorrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts