Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What is the launch fee at SPSP?
2. Are you allowed to leave a truck trailer there overnight?

We're doing an overnighter up that way this weekend and contemplating where to launch. Our other alternatives are on the Eastern Shore.

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Check with the park. However I think you can. I believe there is a float plan form by the restrooms on the west side the launch facility. I think you fill it out where you are going to be and your vehicle ID and place into the box. I havent done it so I am not certain. Call the park ranger.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
if you are coming from the shore, why pay the toll on the bay bridge & battle the traffic. plenty of ramps on the shore,,I would suggest Mattapeake on kent island, or one of the ramps in the kent narrows or eastern bay

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. After calling the park and learning of the recent closures before noon because of capacity, that option is out. Staying on the shore made too much sense, but SHMBO wanted to know of the more adventurous route :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Unless you are 100% sure the ramp you are leaving your vehicle at is secure I would try to get someone to drive your trailer home and come pick you up the following day. There are a lot of robberies of unattended vehicles left at local ramps. Sad state of affairs but just thought it'd be worth mentioning.

-Evans

*edit**** just to clarify. The cars aren't being stolen just some of the possessions inside.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Check on the capacity issue. I have been there many times when they did not admit cars, but would admit vehicles with boats for ramp use. Sometimes a PITA parking around all the cars in the trailer lot, but usually do-able.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Don't forget county ramp permits over on the eastern shore. In addition some of the ramps over there do not permit over night parking. Counties requiring permits are: Queen Anne's, Talbot, Caroline and Kent. The no good bastards. Town of Crisfield charges for their ramps but Somerset does not. Dorchester ramps are free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts