Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left the ramp at 8:30 am with Marlander (Ed ) and his two sons along with my son.West wind at 10-15 knots made for a chilly ride south to Mattapeake.We put the boards over in 2' chop and put out the lures.Water was dirty and only 44* however we did see two gannets looking over the area.Not much on the meter as we zig zagged east /west while going south.Tried in as shallow as 40'.First hit came off a tandem on the boards -broke the rubberband but missed the hooks.Near #86 we got a good hook up and soon a young angler was smiling.White 6oz parachute did the deed.

Altough not a monster-it was big enough for him.:clapping2:
We worked near Bloody Point light and mark some bait with a few fish but no takers.Going west toward Thomas Point we got #2-another 32'' fish.This one hit a white umbrella with parachute at 40' on the downrigger.Had alot of sea lice on it.

Went to the ledge at 84A/84 but saw nothing good on the meter.Sun came out and the wind laid down.Out of no where in 70' a 35''er hit a green parachute off the board.Worked our way back north to Brick House bar but had to fight a hard outgoing current.It was ripping down the bay.Pulled lines at 4 pm and ran back to Sandy Point.No other trailers were there and the tide was really low.Slow day but still fun.Stopped in the gas station on the way home to fill up-110 gallons at $2.79 OUCH. Skip

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
Only 3?!?!? hahaha still a great day for most. And by the smile on that little guys face I think 1 fish would have made it a great day.

Thanks for the report I'm gonna try to make it our Thurs afternoon for some C&R.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Skip. Thanks for the report and pictures. Interesting that you did not hit at least one larger fish. If we get our act together, we plan on fishing the same area tomorrow. Need to get 20 hours on the motors before this weekend so Tristate can check them out.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Thanks for the report Skip,any day is a good day when you can get out in my book .

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Good report Skip. Sounds like you had the same kind of day we had yesterday. Somebody's got to give reports:clapping2: ----------------

·
809 Posts
Thanks for pics and report Skip. Glad to see you didn't get skunked. :clapping2: Hope things turnaround for the weekend. Planing to take a friend out that has yet to land a sizeable Rock feesh!!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Your son had a nice day off from school with his dad. How would you compare the water conditions up here to one of your more recent trips out of Breezy? I haven't seen the satellite picture of the bay yet but I am sure David T will be posting any day now. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
849 Posts
nice goin', skip.
glad you're out getting some. (fish, that is.)

but $280 worth of gas? :helpsmilie: :eek2: i take it this is the first time you filled since last year, right?:eek:

b

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank You Skip.

Thank you Skip for taking us out today. The boys' first Rockfish were caught on Mr. Skip's boat :clapping2: . It will be something they will remember for a long time. It is certainly the biggest fish they had ever caught. They may have been a little quiet on the boat...but as soon as they were home, they were emailing their friends about the BIG Fish they had caught.

Here is Tyler's 35" Beauty :clap: .

Thank you so much for the fishing lessons.

Ed

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Those kids look purty pround. It was a tough day to fish too, so hats off to them for hanging tough, and to Skip and crew for getting them out there. BTW, the water looks a lot cleaner than it was last week. -S

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Skip thanks for the report you sure made someones day from the pictures.

·
414 Posts
Stopped in the gas station on the way home to fill up-110 gallons at $2.79 OUCH. Skip
I paid $3.60/gal coming across the C&D Canal Saturday.:censored: :censored:

Great report though. Glad to see your still braving the elements.:thumbup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice report! Thanks Skip. Todd:rockingreport:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Great report Skip....as Leon said the report posters are few and far between...will be out tomorrow....:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
I've been reading your reports and am happy to see that you're not just getting "class of '96" fish out there....seems like you're encountering at least somewhat of a mix of sizes. That's great to see.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Compare and contrast, food for thought. I wonder if they're holding down below Solomons waiting on the right conditions. Remember a couple years ago when they held down CP and below waiting it out? 48* is a perfect temp for mullet. I'd try Solomons and south.

This is 2006/04/10 temps are in parantheses...

This is 2007/04/10

1 - 20 of 25 Posts