Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the nice weather, just dropped by to see the condition of the ramp. Was informed that the ramp was being closed permanently- not that it was much but a small skiff like my 16' CS could get in without a problem. Guy there informed me that they were putting in more piers and were going to do away with the ramp entirely. So much for my back yard access to the northern Severn R.

·
Premium Member
26,133 Posts
Money talks-the ramp at best brings in $3,000.00 a year plus ties up the "parking lot".The onwers drive in 12 piles and get 4-5 new slips at $1,200-2,500.00 each per year plus sell more fuel and haul in/out etc.Try to make friends with some locals.A few neighborhoods have private ramps that require a decal/pass but will launch 12-22' boats.Indian Landing marine might still have a pay ramp-very end off the river.All the miles of waterfront in AA county and we have only a few public ramps.:( Skip

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I believed it was only a matter of time before this happened. The guys there are nice, but with a lack of trailer parking, it has, in recent years (since ownership transfer), been hit or miss with them whether or not they let you utilize the ramp. I wonder how they'll get there moored boats in and out of the water. They let the people in my community use it to just put and take for the season, as we never left a vehicle or a trailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts