Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am supposed to be going to Sarasota for a fishing trip and was wondering if it is worth it right now with the red tide issues they are having in Charlotte Harbor. Thanks in advance for any inof you guys/gals can provide. It is a long drive form VA Beach and pretty costly.
Chad

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in Sarasota and yes the Red Tide put a huge damper on fishing the past several weeks but things are looking a lot better. I plan on getting out several times this weekend/upcoming week. If your still planning on coming, you should be in for some good fishing (weather pending)

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Red tide is not an issue in Charlotte Harbor, however, tanic water from heavy rain runoff, 18 in rain in June, is. Red tide is being held off by fresh water, however, fishing sucks there. Fished it 10 days late June thru 7/5. Heard Tampa Bay has a nice red tide. Eco system W-SW coast is taking a beaten, hopefully it will improve soon. If not I'm pulling up stakes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas,
I opted not to go becasue of similar reports from others in that area and with a hurricane bearing down on that area.
Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts