Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from fishin' my windows of opportunity over the holiday weekend. Catchin' was OK, fishin' FLA great, and not being at work priceless [grin]

Saturday 7/1 (930am-130pm) the bridge @ New Pass w/my brother-in-law Wild Bill. We released plenty of real small stuff especially gag grouper caught on live shrimp. Better yet was the few spanish macs (12 to 17" class) we landed by ol'faithful gotcha plugs. And, of course, it wouldn't be a sea creature'bucket run w/o a couple of lizardfish including one on a gotcha [tongue]

Monday 7/3 (830-1130am) @ Turtle Beach/Siesta Key solo run. CPR'd two small snook (16-18" class) caught near "point of the rocks" on a small white jig, lost two others including one good size one on a live bait that spit/shook the hook when breaking water [sad] At one point for a brief moment was covered up with a school of 40-50 small snook that bounced my sara spook like a football 1/2 dozen times w/no hook ups?! So went back to jig to late had one more hook up that pulled loose.

Tuesday 7/4 Independence Day went back to the snook hole loaded for snook'ems to find they had the day off NADA, NONE , ZERO, ZIP ??? Go figure one day was in the thick, next day did not see the first fish let alone a bite.

Hey the FLA snook is finally off the rod and now it's time to get back to the VA version of surf fishing [excited]

So see ya all out there,

'bucket

·
Registered
593 Posts
You gotta download your pics tommorrow and post your hole location! Nothing like clear blue water in FLA!!!

Glad ya made it back safe and sound!

·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dixie Steve,

Haven't figured out how to post pics on TF as it always gives me some error that the file/pic is to big ??? I sent you a few pics, ya figure it all out let me know and/or post'em ?!

Mark'bucket

... and oh yeah did I tell ya how I now understand how folks get snook fever [grin]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mark, keep the beard...looks like you violated a few man laws with that baby face[grin]...

Purty werk Markus!

Since they ain't no Spanish @ the LIP...does that mean I have to go all the way to FLA...ta get my Spanish Fly Fix?

No Habla Englaise

·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve,

THX for postin' the pics except stick to the fish and picturesque views versus moi [grin]

Al et al,

Ya shouda been there for the snook blitz, had me shakin' not stirred. And no them spanish are at the LIP, just end of July early August is better for'em there. And come December old ugly will be with beard [tongue]

Gotcha,

`bucket

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
hi ya bucket man ! i saw where you were having pic problems here on TF so i thought i would bring this post over from the virginia board and see if it helps any........pop down to where jasonco51 tells the easy way- hope this helps- jamie

http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP934078799&id=220331&sr1=jasonco51&sr2=&ExMth=no#post220390

·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jamie,

Thanks for the info and maybe we can go catfishin' the James sometime after all, eh ?!

Javier,

Not just Spanish man ... you catch a linesider and then you get back to me awlright [grin]

'bucket

FYI, I'm old school, just plain to old, or dumb 'nuf that it's to much a pain in the arse to do snapshot mess, opened an account but to many other hoops ~ so I'll give flea that it was mucho easier on PMS site to upload photos. Hey maybe that's why he wants 185 US American dollars "A MONTH" to advertise on his site [tongue]

Hey Steve,

Post/replace my mug with one of them picture-esque FLA fishin' holes photos I sent ya [wink]

THX

Mark

·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey I think I got it http://images1.snapfish.com/34758%3A663%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3288%3E9%3A6%3E%3A78%3EWSNRCG%3D323392%3C%3A%3A688%3Cnu0mrj

will see [tongue]

·
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I'm one step closer now just gotta get the img thing figured out and I'll be able to pop the pic right on in there ...

Like what Sheriff Brody said tie'in a sheepshank "Hey ! I got it."

And TF surf board sees the first pic of my brother-in-law AKA Wild Bill. Next up a small shot of paradise.

'bucket

Pic is of "Point of Rocks" Siesta Key beach Sarasota, FLA :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
and you said you couldn't do it!

See, little port wine helped you after all!!! [grin]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts