Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahoy all. Got out of Matapeake about 7:00 am. A cold 21. Just as soon as we hit the channel the meter was lit up. Started to drop lines and a slow troll but didn't know which way to go, so we just stuck in the area. The tide wasn't doing much, so we didn't expect much. About 8:30 a tandum white 4/6 about 100 ft back goes off. 42" fish and skunk is off. 9:30 and a wwb with a big plug goes off. This turns out to be a quick release at the boat as it wasn't hooked well, It was a much bigger fish. 10:30 and a dummy line deep hooks up with a pretty 38". a single white bucktail this time. 1 to go and we haven't froze yet. Well about 12:30 its the big plug wwb. This one doesn't want to go with us, so it took several minutes to see this one. I stuck a Boga on a lip and into the boat she comes.47" and 42.5#. Hey, whats that is the next thing I heard. Looking close I see a 21 tony in the underside of the jaw. but the big plug is stuck in its mouth. quickly I look up to check the other wwb rod on the T-top. This was baited with a 21 tony and 4oz. and sure enough its slack. This one was really hungery. I didn't think the Tony was as far back as the plug. so which one was first? I guess I shouldn't be doing that much thinking. It hurts. Well we got the upper limit, about froze, and had a wonderful day fishing. I truly enjoy the bay with good friends, Its a hard combo to beat. :yes:
God bless Bill and Paula

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Good hearing you today. I mirrored you on the northside of the BB, I guess you were on the bigger side. I had a pool winning Black Bass years ago that took my bait and the bait from the guy on the other side of the boat. After heaving and hawing, I won. At least your biggie was hooked by only your gear.

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Sweeet report Capt Sea Weed.:bigfish: Those are some nice fish you boated. I wanted to respond to your call out for a HO, but the wife had plans for me. Now I wished I had stood my ground:wacko:.....Don

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
What a day!!! :bigfish:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think I saw you guys from the Bay Bridge around 9:30 AM Sat......Was enroute to pick my boat up from the Suzuki dealer in Cambridge...........I had to turn the heat up in the Suburban just watching!......glad you were successful.....the water sure looked nice........BUT COLD!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
great job sticking to the area we have been nailing them around there and i wet elsewhere looking to find nada like an idiot ended the day there and got 3:rockon:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts