Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else thinking about BFT out of OC saturday?

Water looks real cold, can it still hold some straglers from the migration south?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes, and yes. I hope to try hitting the Jack Spot--if it's nice, tilefish in Poorman would be the back-up. Where you heading for?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
we plan to head out saturday as well. hope the wx holds up. launching from IR so we can keep sop me togs. plan to head out toward the bass grounds, and then work our way back. seabass, blues, tog and stripers are on the agenda.

i will keep two "tuna" rods handy..... large shimanos loaded with 50# braid (we'll see if it holds em) i here poppers are the best bet when you find them finning, but i will put a unweighted 10" sluggo on the other rod.

i will likely be on channel 1, fishing a 25 maycraft PH
brett
"pams pride"

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
weather is really conflicting, fishweather has it 5-10, Weather.gov has 10-20? whats going on

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BALTIMORE CANYON TO HATTERAS CANYON OUT TO 36N 70W TO 34N 71W
400 PM EST THU DEC 4 2008

SAT
WINDS DIMINISHING TO VARIABLE 10 KT THROUGHOUT. SEAS NW
PORTION 2 TO 4 FT AND SE PORTION 4 TO 7 FT.

If this forecast holds out by tommorow AM, I am there, who else is thinking?

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heading to OC today, going to clear the inlet at first light sat., be on Ch#1, still have one spot open if anyone wants a ride,

good Luck

ric
202-549-3227

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nemo/Shoot-Straight / ultangler: Greetings. At the risk of sounding like I'm crashing the OC party, I'm planning to head out of Chinco Inlet a little later than first light. Gameplan is to run ENE toward Poormans with wreck stops along the way. I hail as "Big Bird", 24 ft. cc, yellow hull (but the bird doesn't feel very big when amongst the lobster balls). Plan to be sea-bassin on the way out - deep drop @ Porman's if we in fact go that far - with eye out for BFT all along the way. Give me a shout. I'll monitor 16, 78 and will try 1 as well. Good luck to all and above all safe passage.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
stayed kinda close on saturday and caught up the tog. should have gone out for the tunas, a regulator came to the dock with a bunch of tunas.....

stripers and blues were seen on meter but wouldnt bite.

brett

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Damn hope he didn't come back with a bunch of bluefin tunas thats whats out there:D Wish I could make it out there my boat is getting shrinked wrapped as I type

1 - 12 of 12 Posts