Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday the Chief & I hit our normal spot, we were going to liveline in the afternoon,
Picked up some Spot & Perch then we headed over towards T Point, found some birds working on the way, started drifting to the boil and then a boat came buzzing right through:eek:
Oh well.. we wound up trying a few spots near Sandy Pt, then up to Rocky Pt, it wound up being more of a cruising day as it was a beauty of a day...
Here's the chief with the big Perch of the day.

Sunday I left about 7am by myself as the Chief was up late, on the way out I had to swim for the boat as I was launching it:D, Tied the bow & stern line together, looped them around the pilings, It's all good I'm saying, Pull the trailer out from the boat, get out and check, cool, start pulling up the ramp and see my knot come undone,:eek2:

Wet and cold I Hit a new hole which is near our Spot and Perch hole which I've been wanting to try and picked up 14" , had a keeper size rock on but got off...current started moving and then a bed of grass came through, The Chief called me to come pick him up at the dock, we were running north to another spot and found Buzzcatcher coming back from that spot, talked to him for a bit and went back to the new hole and we picked up a few more of these, this one 16"

All Rock caught on Rattletraps.

No meat in the box but a great weekend to be on the water.

Go Eagles/Phillies

·
Registered
333 Posts
Good work mike.

Boated 3 rock Sunday afternoon. 12/13/15. The smaller guys hit bloodworms, while I was trying to get some spot. Glad to see all the youngsters swimming around out there

Zero activity on the liveline.

I hear you on the guy cutting through the working birds. (wasn't me was it?;-))

When I was out saturday, a guy came up uncomfortably close in the middle of the bay, and killed his engine to fish...I guess my spot looked good. I figured he was going to throw out some fenders, and raft up, and we'd fish together. Crazy!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Headed out first thing again and picked up 2 cats and a small striper. Things werent really hapening so I headed out to the Elk to look for some current. Couldnt find any but did manage 1 blue fish. Decided to head bach to first spot in hopes of some current. Picked up 2 quick small guys and headed in. As I was getting off the boat a guy on shore landed something interesting. I thnk its a Sheepshead but never saw one before so Im guessing Check it out Kodakgallery.com Join now and receive beautiful photographic prints from your camera

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ahhhh !! I see the perch guru`s are at it again , I think Mike needs some knot tying lessons Ha !!!!!!!!!:D
Let me know when Mike and Chief Wise CrackEm catch a keeper , I`ll make my move then , that`ll be the devine moment for me to start fishing again :eek2:
Until then you can make your charitable Tax Deductible contributions to:
Ray Infante`s New boat fund
c/o Tidal Fish
Thank You :eek2:

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right about those knot tying lessons.....The Boy Scout (Chief) wasn't with me....so I was lost.:D

We'll keep you posted on the quest for a keeper Rockfish! It could be sooner than you think........or not:eek:

Ahhhh !! I see the perch guru`s are at it again , I think Mike needs some knot tying lessons Ha !!!!!!!!!:D
Let me know when Mike and Chief Wise CrackEm catch a keeper , I`ll make my move then , that`ll be the devine moment for me to start fishing again :eek2:
Thank You :eek2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts