Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crabbed the mouth of Middle River on saturday morning.

18 traps in 10ft. Didn't get started until late, traps in the water around 7:30. I was pulling about 3 crabs per run however around 8:30 or so the traffic really started picking up and it was dead after that.

I ended up with 14 nice keepers, 6 females, and about 6-7 throwbacks (under 6.25"). The 14 that i did bring home were very nice crabs mostly over 6.5", perfect amount for me and the wifey.

I lost 2 traps to the pleasure boaters. I had 2 guys come through, looked like they were racing, and went through 1 whole line of traps and never looked back.

Go deep fellas!!

-Mike

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Spent most of the morning and there and left around 2. 28 traps in 11-12 feet and managed 24 nice heavy crabs. The tide was not moving, it was very strange. I think that had something to do with it, the crabs are still there....might be time to head to the Magothy or Severn...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was at Rocky Point caught about 2 dozen, but I was suprised that these crabs were not as heavy as i thought they would be this time of year, did we have a late sluff out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.