Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday:

Alright Guys,Alot of You know I don't care to Troll,mostly because I'm usually Solo.Tryin' to keep the Boat straight while puttin' lines out is a pain in the arse!Then when you Hook up,its worse!

SO....anyway,I launched out of Sandy Point Sat. with 6 Broomsticks and 4 LTJ Rods.I can't believe the Broomsticks out numbered my LTJ Rods! Started at the Dumping Grounds for a 'lil while,no hits.Heard some chatter of some nice Fish being caught around Bloody Point and Thomas point.Well....."Run and Gun" Mike HAD to pull the lines and GO!

Thru down the spread and got into the fray around Brickhouse Bar.Quite a few Boats Trollin',but spread out fairly well and well behaved.After about a half ann hour,I started getting the "itch" to run!Kept telling myself,NO,NO,NO,don't do it.You can't catch Fish if the lines are not in the water!!!I actually overcame the urge!

I would like to thank the Guy in the 28 Carolina[Dire Straits] for the fine Bonehead move of cutting right across my Bow and then head east and leaving me no where to go.Had Boats to my starboard.Anyhow talked to alot of TF'ers on the radio,Heard of a 50 and a 48 caught,sounded legit.OH,I still had not had any Hook-ups yet.Another problem Trollin' solo,Changin' up Lures when you are amongst other Boats!I just stayed with what I had out.

Had a call about some Fish North,Here we go again...Pull lines and run.Headed a bit north,re-deploy.Trolled awhile,then my WB line gets hit[220 back 6 oz.]Pull in a FAT and I mean FAT,like CBBT FAT 29" Football.I sent my Son a picture and he asked if it was Pregnant!Put that Line back in and a bit later the same line gets hit,Landed another Football @ 24".

I actually Trolled ALL day!!!I can't believe I did it!!Never touched a Jiggin' Rod.Don't think I would have been successful Jiggin' anyway. Oh,wanted to thank the 2 Guys in the Jon-Boat with 2 Rods out also,next time I'll make sure I get out of your way!

Nice talkin' to all You Guys today and Roger T. Thanks for the "Swipe",I owe ya' one! [Mike]

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Nice job Mike if a few things come together and it won't I might be able to help you with running solo

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
:rockingreport::thumbup:

I would have loved to be on a boat next to watching you reel em in, drive the boat, drink a beer, cuss out the idiot other boaters, and not tangle your lines..;-):rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Mike..i was there to see it!

Mike did a great job:yes::thumbup:

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rockingreport::thumbup:

I would have loved to be on a boat next to watching you reel em in, drive the boat, drink a beer, cuss out the idiot other boaters, and not tangle your lines..;-):rolleyes::D
Mike,BOTH Fish hit the same Lure/Rod and I brought Both of them across 5 lines to the other side of the Boat....Without any tangles!Still don't know how!!

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahahahaha you little trolling ***** you :):):):):)
Hey Mike,Remember that Rod and Reel I bought from ya' like 18 months ago.You had left a Blue Spro Bucktail with a Blue Shad on it.I rigged it up on one of my Rods.Thats what BOTH Fish hit on!!Could'nt have done it without ya',NO ****!!:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts