Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for trying saterday morning? The wind will be blowing, (i am sure) but i havent been out in over a week....the fish smell is (almoast) off my hands.[wink] need to recharge before the wife stops complaining.[grin] Let me know if anybody is interested. Also i need some guidance as to what to bring for whatever we might be catching.
Thanks! [smile]

·
Registered
575 Posts
Chris, I'd wait until next week if I were you. Until it warms up a little the afternoons are going to be better anyway. I'd say after work sometime the middle of next week will be good. The only thing biting this weekend will be schoolie striper at night and I don't think you will want to be out at the bridge tunnels in this wind.

Soon, real soon. Later next week is when all the species of fish will turn on.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I know what you mean, haven't been in the boat since Sunday and I'm itchin' to do some fishin'. Small 1/8 to 3/4 ounce jigs and 2 to 4 inch swimming shad are a good start. Last Sunday, one fellow caught a striper while trolling a plug, which is a good idea when moving from place to place. I like using saltwater Gulp tails on my jigs so that I can target lure feeders like pups and trout at the same time as bait feeders such as croakers and flounder. I might try to sneak out to Lynnhaven Friday after work just to paddle around and dunk some baits. I'd be there Saturday, but Sunday looks nicer. Last Sunday was windy and cold, but it was good to be out and some guys caught some fish, so we were officially fishing, not just waiving sticks in the air. Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Some of the freshwater locations might be an option also. I may hit the Pocaty since I live on it and the launch is just up the road. Should be OK for some flyrod panfish and bass or a few cats etc. Its a bit easier to get out of the wind on the rivers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Puppy drum and trout will also go for gugeons, shiners or other live bait if available. Also try cut finger mullet. If you are using live bait in shallow water just put a single sharp hook on with a small split shot about 18" or so up the line.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know where that is.......Ric you going on friday for sure? I got some top-bottom rigs at dicks for 59 cents each. I got a ton of 1 oz homemade bank weights at home figure i will try for some of those bottom dwellers. i couldnt find fish bites, i will get some bait. Otherwise if it wasnt soooo windy i would flyrod.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will be heading back to Owls Creek either Sat. morning or Sun. afternoon. Not sure which yet, depends on the wife and weather.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Goby, you better go now because soon it will be time to fish the bay again.

You guys should go to Rudy on Sunday if you're going to do it. It's going to be cold and windy tommorrow.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The bay? Nottoway isn't over yet. IN a couple of weeks the largest redbreast in VA will be on thier beds. I'm gonna get some of those this year.

I think I'm tossing in the towel for tomorrow and gonna shoot for Sunday. Let things settle down after all this wind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts