Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Head out around 1, after bending my mower blade to a 90 degree angle on a stump.

It seemed a wee bit windy around Turkey point.

I headed just north of TP, and armed with new bag of bloodworms, got started. Between the strong north wind, and the outgoing tide, i was drifting at about 1 knot. It took me no time at all to catch a whopper. Yep, I managed to hook a a crab pot line, and was it ever a fighter. Unfortunately, with the fast drift, and being out solo, I ended up snapping lines before i could try and get the boat up current, and try to work them free.

I moved a bit north to "2". Lots of perch, some decent sized. Hardly any spot. After a bit, I headed up north of Red point, and figured I'd drift down the edge. More perch. no other real action. VERY crowded around Red point, I think tournament fishermen. I tried to keep my distance, and moved around them to the south, and resumed my drift.

I picked up a few spot. I was a little discouraged by the perch to spot ratio, fearing our little spotted friends are moving out. Landed a nice YELLOW perch, around 10 inches.

Zero live line activity. A couple hits on a rattle trap, but nothing that I was able to get close enough to have a look.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had pretty much the same experience on the Bohemia, excpet for the wind. Nothing to show but a 10 inch yellow perch. Elk was muddy looking so stayed on the Bo

·
1,672 Posts
Sorry to hear about the mower....hate when that happens:wacko:

We got back to B-Wood around 4 on Sat after racing and Scout Car Wash ....

Went to launch the boat and there was no water:eek:, 2 hrs before low tide and the N winds had the water pushed South..would have had to put the truck tires off the ramp..no way..walked up the beach abit and tossed the rattle traps & Top water...nada, lotta grass..lotta wind....walked back & watched Penn State,,

Woke up Sunday, same thing, no water at the ramp, packed up, went home, stacked a cord of firewood and had a nice fire all day....

This coming weekend looks rainy....I'll try and get out Sat??.... I'm at the Eagles on Sunday.

We caught one Yellow Perch all year and 2 were caught in the same day, cool....good job guys.....neat fish.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
We were out on the NE river in capt hooks CC shamrock. It was a bit wet that day... We found calm water on the north side of the flats, but no fish. We found huge schools of perch & bigger fish at the barges... I jigged for hours & hours without a hit. I figured the cold front had em shutdown. Hook has a FF that cost about 3 grand... we could see the fins on the rock under the boat...

Friday night, I picked up about 6 rock off of Carp point on topwater before heading to the goose to pick up a load...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hedjug...

I think I saw you guy near the end of the day. I always have my eyes open for another Shammie out there.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Green hull, custom T-Top... sweet boat.

We rounded carpenters point about 4:00+/-. We you over at red point around that time?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep...that was you. I'm in a tired old 20' cuddy, w/ maroon convertible top.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the post guys. I was hoping to get out this weekend but I had the same problem as Mike. No water at the marina, north wind had it blown the heck out. Turned around went back to the house and knock out a honey do off the long list. :yes: Cool to hear some Yellow Perch were caught good job guys!

/Rich

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well Bo after reading this post good call about not going out , it would have been striper less....

·
1,672 Posts
GO RAVENS... :thumbup: I will be at the Game.. Good luck guys..
Have fun at the game Ken....as of right now I'm going to the Eagles on Sunday (Season Tics)
Wifes in the hospital though but should get sprung today..keep her in your prayers.. not sure what's going on?

Eagles play the Ravens on 11/23 in Baltimore.....
Would love to take my son, if anyone comes up with 2 tickets let me know!!!!
Or I can trade for Eagles Tics....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ken,
Enjoy the game :chugbeer:

Bo,
Will call you about Sunday , sounds goooooooood to meeeeeeeee

Mike,
Sorry to hear about your wife:eek: , hope all is good :))

1 - 14 of 14 Posts