Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met my buddy Joel and his son Max at the ramp at 6AM and they were early! :thumbup: Weather was warm and water like glass.

First spot in Middle Branch produced a quick keeper (we were strictly C&R) for Max on a Rebel jumpin' minnow.

Moved a bit and next spot my buddy Joel hooks up with bubba. This was a 29"-ish (didn't measure) on a red head chug bug (we rescued from 7' Knoll tower a couple years ago. Biggest fish my boat has seen in a while.

We move a round a bit again and wind up back at the spot we hooked bubba and I hook up with bubbas sister (on a Smak-It Jr.). This one had to be same size or bigger. Made me thing my drag was broken... Came unhooked after about 15 seconds of heart pounding excitement.

We should have called it a day at low tide, but ran around and back in the mounting rain and wind. All fish caught in Middle Branch. Caught a bunch of smaller ones, maybe 3-4 low 20"-ers

Low numbers this trip, but big fish are out there.

Mike

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Mike, I'll see ya out there next weekend. I need to find out what time Sam opens the gate at Turner's now that crabbing is done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts