Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't hear too much about the Eastern Shore.

Started the morning at 12:00 am getting home from being on call. Loaded truck by 1:00 am.

Wake up at 5:30 am and head over to meet a bud and his son for a morning of eeling and trolling.

They caught a few nice fish Fri 12/5/08 evening with eels. Turns out we did very little over by 10 off the Highrise from 7 am to 8:30 am with eels.

Reconfigure the gear for trolling and head to Cape Henry. Fished the rest of the day until 1:30 PM (party committments with SWMBO). We caught triples and doubles with one fish to 35". The rest ranged from low to upper 20s and caught on the Bay side of the demarcation line. Lots of bait with seagulls and gannets. Gannets hitting the water all day but no fish underneath them. Seagulls hitting the water meant fish underneath them.

Most fish caught on white colored lures, shads, stretch 25, etc. Ended the day with 25 fish and multiple triples and doubles

Lots of bait in the finder screen and fish chasing them were obvious and when you ran over the fish marks of course...bam.

Ben

·
Registered
406 Posts
Glad you guys found some action. I'm sure it was like a parking lot out there toady. We are heading out tomorrow or possibly late night tonight.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Naah... No fish caught from the ES today

Eastern shore (ES) sucks. No fish there.

Did you see my post jgray & BenS? You gotta love it... This sport has more prophets & experts than any other sport. I'm glad I'm not one...

Good Fishin

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. It was nice day with a good friend and his son the human reel.

I wish I had taken a picture of the bait balls with the striper marks next to them.. sort of cool.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Good job Ben.

We started out @ 10 and worked our way up to 16 with nothing to show for our efforts eeling. Stuck with the plan and my bud Steve got a scratch finally last night on the bridge. Marathon trip #1 for the year 15 1/2 hours on the water.

Keith...who is hunting for a 50 pounder:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts