Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to hit the flats again Saturday afternoon. Wanted to post here to see if anyone wants to tag along. After saturday, this thread will also have my report.

I'm launching from Tydings Marina at noon.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was planning to launch at Tydings (in Havre de Grace), as my post above says. I could be convinced to do Perryville if that was closer to the action, but I had good pullage from Tydings last Friday. Perryville also requires me to pay the toll on 95, which I prefer not to do.

Regardless of where anyone lauches, the flats are small enough to meet up once we're on the water. I enjoy a long paddle (or in my case, pedal) for the exercise.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone thinking of going... don't let a little rain scare you. Here's the weather for Havre de Grace as of right now:

"Rain diminishing to a few showers by afternoon. Cooler. High 52F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch."

I'm still planning to go in the afternoon. Intend to anchor up, put a line out with herring, and depending on water quality, also toss either some soft plastic or lures with some good vibration.

Hopefully my next post here will be a report.

Josh

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I promised a report, and I am sorry to report that the weatherman missed the end-time for the rain by about 6 hours. Saturday evening was a steady downpour in the upper low 50's and upper 40's. Add to that a small craft advisory, and lots of 19 foot deep-V center consoles saying it was nasty out there, and I decided to bail.

Hmmm... I think I may be catching a cold... cough cough... may need to call in sick Tues or Wed this week.

Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.