Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-in-law and I decided it would be nice to get out on a charter along with both of our grandparents. Matt (Skate Catcher) charted Capt. George aboard the Stormy Petrel. We headed out of Deale around 7:30 AM Saturday.

We were met with cal seas as we headed out.

The pecking order was oldest to youngest! Pop was up first!

Poppy was up next!

My father-in-law was up at bat next!

I was up next. I put on my best game face.

MY FAT COW!!!

Capt. George at his finest

Adam was up next. As soon as he had the rod in his hand, a second rod went down as well so Adam and Mat (SkateCatcher) worked side by side.

Adam

Matt

Capt George put us on some quality fish and a excellent time was had by all. His 1st Mate Eric was awesome and took care of us. I have a good feeling this will not be our last time fishing with Capt George aboard the Stormy Petrel.

Almost forgot to post this pic..... THE FACES!!!!

Click here to view the full picture gallery!

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Very nice fishing and the pics make the report that much better. Glad you guys had a great time.

-JB

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Great report. That man can find some fish. He's a one of a kind. Glad you had a great day. I had a great many with George before I got my own boat.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Congrats on a great day with some gorgeous fish, WTG :bigfish: Capt George is top notch looks like he was at the top of his game today :D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Scott.............great job getting the entire family tree in on some fall rock:thumbup: Capt George can surely put you on some fish. I bet you got to hear a cool story or two also. Always great fishing with Capt. George..........................Mark

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Great pics and report. looks like a great time was had by all.

:clapping2::D

and of course, it was probably 'right out front', as the good capt would say.:D

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Thanks for the post and great pictorial. Looks like a beautiful day was had on the bay. Capt. John Deering and I were driving by there today and noticed the Stormy Petrel was out. We wondered aloud if Capt. George had a charter.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
THe faces pics are hilarious. What a sneaky thing to do by taking a picture when their attention is devoted to fighting a fish. I like it.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Great Report!
I can tell that you cherish those family moments, and few things on this earth are more important. I envy you.
You picked one of, if not the best charter captain on the Chesapeake in Capt. George Prenant... he's not a "chest beater" like many, he just gets the job done for his clients... plus, he's a good man and a nice guy.
Hope you took some notes.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
3 Generations Made My Day

Gotta , Say , This was one of my best Charters of my Plying the waters off of home , The Crew Was GREAT, Bubbley, Full of Sprit , & intent on getting at least some Quality stripers --We left the poles , at Happy Harbour & as you can see ,were greeted to the Chesapeake with a Classic sunrise --Made a short run to the western Channel edge & Eric (love rough water) my mate put the Kitchen sink out on the port Board --The Boatrods followed , Finally the Stb. outrigger with a Home Painted 13/0 CA 300' back --We trolled the eastern edge almost due west from 84 B--When we Banged the first Fish , I punched her in on the Loran & NEVER left the area --Trolled in circles not over a Quarter of a mile in Area -But Going from 60'---85-90'---AS ya can see I wore My Bannana colored Jacket , As I saw a post earlier this week , with a cow caught in such attire --That Picture of me with a Unopened can of beer was I showing the 3 rd Hand that i feel all beer Drinkers should be Born With growing outa their Belly to hold cans & allow for Reeling Properly --POP,a Korean war vet & I sure had some stories to tell, & as I said It Was A Great day on the Pond --OH yeh the rigger "Rod from Hell" 300 out with the 13/0 on it did produce a good one Thanks Fellas, for a Wonderful, enjoyable Day& The Great, Great Pictures --geo.---wow, i Just opened the Gallery , Marvelous !!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Awesome post, awesome pics too. The gallery was really cool, and ya really can't say enough good stuff about the cap't ;-).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks like a good time boys! Looks freakin' cold too!! We'll try to put you boys on some fish when you come down here to FL.

KFay

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I moved to Maryland about 9 years ago from Long Island NY. I've charted plenty of off-shore rigs out Montauk as well as Captree Boat Basin on Long Island but I've never had as much laughs as I did with Capt George. It was a perfect crew/capt & mate match or us. Getting quality fish is great but making friends is even mroe important and I feel we did both aboard the Stormy Petrel.

P.S. At the time I reeled in that cow and was a bit exhausted, I did not realize I had also pulled that monster in on a 20" umbrella rig. After seeing the pics I saw this. I appreciate that George :)

Thanks again Capt. George! I'll be in touch!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts