Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Buzz's late; around 9 am and headed toward 72 where we got them last week. On the way we hit lots of bait in 60 ft of water on the western side of the channel. Punched it into the gps and put the rods out. Ran back over the area and picked up three overs (36-38) in less than two hours. Finally lost the bait and the fish so we headed toward 72. Picked up a 29 incher on a deep rod and proceeded to drive around looking for more bait. I was really surprised to see so little bait balls and NOOOO working birds to speak of. Headed back toward Point No Point to check out the 45 ft water with the hope of picking up some nice "unders". Picked up one 20 inch fish and headed back home to gas up the boat and clean some of the sea lice off the deck. Three fish off the top water baits (planners and wwb line) and two fish off the deep dipsey divers (25-35 ft deep). Had two pull downs without hookups also.
Sounded like we did as well as expected today, heard lots of boaters complaining of a slow bite. Almost got all the lines run over by a cruiser style boat that was trolling but without much knowledge. Found out the camera batteries don't like cold weather. Also found out that my crew thinks the wwb line is mine and mine alone. For two weeks now, it seems to be my turn when it starts to sing.
Glad it was the start of deer season because there were enough boats out there as it was. Good talking to "bluewater express" today. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the only reason I did ok today was that Ida Mae (Charlie) was probably deer hunting. He would have left at dawn and caught all my fish. What a beautiful day on the water. It actually got a little too calm out there. I like a little chop to help "move" the baits. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
i'll be back. myself personnally had a hard time yesterday...BUT...im going back to my way of fishing and gonna stop listening to everyone elses reports....:D:D:Dnever was anything wrong with what i did....:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts