Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
The forecast was looking good all week, then they changed it, but by then I was already locked and loaded. Wow, it was rough out there. Launched out of Solomons and scooted through the river only to be met with a wall of wind at the gas docks. Put the boards rods out with size 32 rubber bands. Pop pop pop. Went up to 33's, pop pop pop. Finally had to go to 64's. Saw two boats flip boards today, but my big 50" ones ran great through the slop. It was so rough it was hard to stand up and run around and throw the lines out but finally got a 22 rod spread out. Took over an hour, normally trakes me 25 minutes by myself when I am hussling. No hustle today, just struggles to stay vertical and dry with waves coming over the bow. Decided to take a break from pounding and turn back south with them. Over water my speed was .7mph with the paddle wheel, over land by GPS it was 5.6 with the motor just in gear. That wasn't going to work. Turned a little west and crabbed sideways in the troughs.

After a few steering corrections I finally got it right. We plucked three off by 7:45am. Threw everything in the boat and pounded home to sort it all out later. What a mess.

Sorry if I got close to you today off the gas docks in the old whaler. I was doing my best. I know I got within a few feet of a couple other's planer boards but I was getting tossed around all over the place. My buddy flicked of Taz in the Happy Hour boat but I read him the riot act. He turned and sort of cut us off when he had a fish on. I cut of plenty off people today too. Almost had board to board contact with the Double D. It was sort of combat fishing while trying to stand. Hope for smoother seas tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Francis................it was pretty snotty out there today. I was just a little north of you. Figured if I fished for another hour I would have been at the cbbt (lol)...........................Mark

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
An hour to put rods out...people cutting you off...flipping people off...only 3 fish with all that work...bouncing allover the place...DAM I miss everything!!!...thanks for the report Francis...glad you made it back OK...I was at work Sat am and looked out front of the store, saw the trees bending over pretty good...I was thinking (there's tons of boats out there cause it's Sat...and add to that the MSSA slaughter)....YIKES!

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Thanks for the report Francis, sounds rough man. But, nice catching :yes::rockingreport:

I was int he air and it looked like even the big boats were bouncing all over the place. Glad you landed a few fish and got home safe:thumbup::fishing2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.