Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6RKKt%3AxxrKUp7BHD7KPfrj%3DQofrj7t%3DzrRfDUX%3AeQaQxg%3Dr%3F87KR6xqpxQQQlx0eax0Paxv8uOc5xQQQ0JGl0oJe0lqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPGP%7CRup6lQQ%7C/of=50,590,442We had a few runs today, but overall it was kind of slow. Fished just North Of Claremont and did manage to get one nice one. It was about 39 1/2 inches. We are slowly getting them figured out. We had some really fresh bait and stuck it out for most of the day. The bites seemed to happen at the end of the flood tide. We caught them on shad. Fished about 14 foot of water. Thanks for bringing the bait Steve. I used to be able to get the pic in the post, this was my first attempt since the change. About how much does a 39 1/2"er weigh just out of curiosity?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Justin, did you put in at clairmont? If so, what condition is the ramp in? just north of clairmont, were you fishing the "Brandon" near the mouth of chipokes?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that sounds about right. I actually put out at Grey's Creek I think, a little south of Claremont. The ramp was beside some sort of resteraunt. It was a decent ramp, but it was really not meant for a big boat, but I have maanged to get my catamaran in and out of there 2 times.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
fish weight

Justin my chart says 29.78 lbs. here's a link to an online photo site that lets you post pics. on TF, it's free and a link to calculate fish weight. If you have trouble after you open the account there, just b-mail me or ask on the board and I'll try to help. There's a trick to posting even on photo bucket. Scott helped me with it and I'm still greatful. Here's the links:

http://photobucket.com/register.php

http://www.tadspoles.com/catalog/Fish-Weight-Calculator-sp-34.html

Hope you can find these links useful. You don't need the girth of a fish to get the weight, but it may be a little more accurate.

mini moe

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
not much going on in the salt for sure for Justin to haul up north to the sweet water......maybe that new boat just needed a bath !!

·
Registered
782 Posts
That's a good pic and a good net job Justin....I think I got one of you dippin him...
Appreciate the trip and no problem on the bait...Got plenty more and remember fRI,SAT,SUN...HOPE YOU GET-EM TODAY...! Those were snow clouds over us yesterday....they had flurries...

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Oh yea that too ! SNOW - It snowed several times at the opening of Busch Gardens yesterday........Nothong is cooler than fishing in the snow.........Catfishing on the river or trolling the ocean ots just real neat to fish in the snow !

·
Registered
421 Posts
Justin,I know The Ramp Your Talking About. How Was The Wind Effecting The Water? Was It Very Choppy? Just Curious Because I Have To Watch The Wind And Water Conditions Because My Boat Is Small. Its A J16' Carolina Skiff. Do You Think It Could Have Handled The Conditions Yesterday Or Was It To Rough? Mike

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the am and on the way to the creek in was fairly calm. Back in the creek it was really nice. Those bend allow you to fish by banks that block the NW wind pretty good. On the way in, the further we got from the NW edge of the main river, the choppier it got, maybee 2-3ft chop. It was not terribly bad though.
Minin Moe, thanks for the links. They will be helpful. We guessed it to be 30lbs so I guess we were close.
Steve, if the togs do not turn on by then, me and you will go on a catfish recon and really stay all day. Hopefully it will be better wether conditions. We could put your boat out at Claremont, which would be closer to the spot. I wound up[ not going today. Fred was already p[lanning on taking his boat out and there was nobody left that wanted to go.:wacko:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I heard that...Yeah we can take my boat up there or further.....I'll be ready for either one....if it would warm up like last week I wanna try and fish some one night as well....

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey justin, me and david were shocked when we saw you a couble of weeks ago up the river. i think we mite be going up there some fri,sat. it won't be long will be chasing the reds. i think ralph said something to you about maybe tring to go out of hatteras. my boat is ready but tring to repower by the 31st. see you later mike

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will see you Fri and Sat if you go. I'll be fishing there till the togs get going. I just put in for a week in May, I am ready for the reds!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts