Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skip, Phil, Rick and Ed...

Super job Saturday guys...it was an honor to work with you all.

For those who didn't make it Saturday, I'm hoping you'll have been there today:yes:

We sold out about 75% of what we brought, and Ed made sure anyone who didn't pay made a donation...its hard to disagree with anybody that big!!

I'll leave it for Skip to sum up the entire weekend, but especially given the conditions surrounding Saturday, I thought we did exceptionally well!!

Hats off to the volunteers standing ankle deep in wet, cold mud all day!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

The 'other' Ed

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
They had straw down this morning, everywhere except behind our table but it wasn't bad. I'll let Skip give the report but we did get a generous donation today.

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
Great-leave it up to me to screw up the details:pp .We sold 95% of everything that was donated.Only a few lures and 3 rods left-along with a boat cover.I'll measure that and put it on the main board.Some vendors even brought us items to sell as our stock was getting low.;-) One young girl-about 8 or 9 even put in 2 quarters from her own purse-good parenting there.We packed up at 1:15 but sold one last item on the way to the truck.

THANKS to all who donated items and their time.We are off to a great start-things are falling into place. Skip

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I want to thank the following:

Skip for organizing,

Ed (riptide1947) Ed (Whiskey99), Skip (27 Sailfish), Rick (Rhahn427), Jerry (JerryGrimes), Bob (BobH) and anyone I forgot who helped man the table,

Frank (fishingfrank) & the Essex MSSA Chapter for giving us the table

And finally anyone who stopped by and either bought something or donated money to the organization.

I think we are well on our way to providing some much needed smiles to the families we want to help this year.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
TWO ED'S ARE BETTER THAN ONE

Especially the size of us Ed's......man I'd stand by his side and tag team the oncomers anyday ! !
Or any of the other's I've met thru WAF.......and TF ! !

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Great-leave it up to me to screw up the details:pp .We sold 95% of everything that was donated.Only a few lures and 3 rods left-along with a boat cover.I'll measure that and put it on the main board.Some vendors even brought us items to sell as our stock was getting low.;-) One young girl-about 8 or 9 even put in 2 quarters from her own puse-good parenting there.We packed up at 1:15 but sold one last item on the way to the truck.

THANKS to all who donated items and their time.We are off to a great start-things are falling into place. Skip
Skip, I know you're getting better at this computer stuff, and I am too. re-visit your message, and please spell check, edit please! ( I think you missed a "r") ! You can do this before you send the message too !

Ed

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,295 Posts
Great-leave it up to me to screw up the details:pp .We sold 95% of everything that was donated.Only a few lures and 3 rods left-along with a boat cover.I'll measure that and put it on the main board.Some vendors even brought us items to sell as our stock was getting low.;-) One young girl-about 8 or 9 even put in 2 quarters from her own purse-good parenting there.We packed up at 1:15 but sold one last item on the way to the truck.

........... and don't forget about the kid that literally ran away while we were telling him about the flyrod only to come back 5 minutes later with money to buy it ............. and then returned about an hour later to put what seemed to be all the money he had left in the box ...............

I had a good time ........ wouldn't have missed it ........ I think everyone that volunteered to help feels the same ........

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
........... and don't forget about the kid that literally ran away while we were telling him about the flyrod only to come back 5 minutes later with money to buy it ............. and then returned about an hour later to put what seemed to be all the money he had left in the box ...............

I had a good time ........ wouldn't have missed it ........ I think everyone that volunteered to help feels the same ........
DITTO for me too, never a dull moment, for sure, and thanks to our supporters . :clap:

I had the opportunity to grab a sandwich, and sat with that kid, and his aunt, she purchased three crab baskets from us..........the young man was a delight, he was so pumped about his new rod, that he was rigging it while I ate. I heard all about what an avid water enthusiast he is....he loves to crab, and fishes every chance he gets, has his own 12=ft boat, and uses his aunt's motor, they live on the water nearby.
I'd take that kid fishing anytime. Man was he excited, he couldn't get home fast enough to try the fly rod. He was expecially grateful for the crappie jigs I gave him.
Yep, I got a kick out of him too ! ! :clap: :clapping2:;

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts