Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the CBBT saturday afternoon with a few friends. We anchored up just South of the high rise in 55 feet of water. Got the stern of the boat up tight to the pilings and had a great few hours of eeling. First fish in the box after 30 minutes then constant fish all in the 35# - 40# range. All but one fish were caught in the middle of the water column very tight to the plinigs. We were free lining with 1/2 to 3/4 oz. egg sinkers. We lost a few hookups to those pilings but the overall result was worth a few break-offs. Back inside Lynnhaven by 7PM

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Nice catch!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
those are pretty fish. WTG

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
so thats what all the HOOT'n & HOLLER'n was about ! Back inside by 7 pm, Sir does that mean most if not all of your fish were caught before it got dark ? Or after sunset was best ?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nice work Captain. I'm going to have to try that technique. Thanks for the info. I think you guys come into the ramp right behind us.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so thats what all the HOOT'n & HOLLER'n was about ! Back inside by 7 pm, Sir does that mean most if not all of your fish were caught before it got dark ? Or after sunset was best ?
racn35,
first fish caught just before sunset, the rest just after.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice mess of fish!
You'll must have been right close to us. I wish we would have stayed a little longer Sat. night but when we wrapped the wireline around the prop. I knew it was time to head for the barn!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts