Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday,Headed out of Sandy Point to see if I could find the Brother or Sister of the 45/35 I caught last week.Knew it was going to be a little bumpy with the N.E. wind.There were small waves in the Lagoon at Sandy Point!Got out past the Jetty and I knew I could'nt run my "Trainer" size Planner Boards.So it was Boat Rods only.

Anyhow,I started at the Bridge and turned South with 6 Rods in the water.Had a Roof Rod that was about 300-350 out with a Spoon-Brella that got hit,actually I don't know when it did.Was too busy trying to keep the Boat straight.Got it to the Boat and had a Fat 21" Fish,in the Box,Trolled almost to B.P. and back,no more hits,so I called it a day.

One thing...I did lose 2 Lure set-ups Trolling North around Brickhouse Bar in about 45 ft. of water.Both Rods were no more than 15-20ft' down.One was the Spoon-Brella with 6 oz.Whatever I snagged on must have been sharp.One went off,I grabbed the Rod and no sooner did I put a little bit of tension on it the line popped,same happened to the second on also!On both the line was cut above the Sampo swivel,so I lost everything.Think it may have been a illegal net???? [Mike]

·
Premium Member
26,232 Posts
Major man points for going out in the chop :thumbup:.Good job getting one for dinner.

Your snag does not sound like a net - your lures would get caught in it and unlikely your line would be cut on it.When you snag a net- there is some give to it - often you really have to work at it to break the leader or line.Nets are not left in long enough to grow sharp barnacles.

Might have been a submerged crab pot line and float.Older ones grow barnacles/clams and are like a piece of razor wire.

If you saved your GPS track - send me the #'s.I keep a good logbook of snags/hangs that I check out in warmer weather by diving them if I see anything on the meter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We trolled between PNP lighthouse and the target ship on Sat and lost a big fish and caught a 38", but also caught more trash than I,ve ever seen before in the Bay... trash bags. Could not get into the fish due to a green crew and big water.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Mike, You did way better than we did. Went south and had a skunk. Of course you know me and my friends, no trolling rods on our boat.:D

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike, You did way better than we did. Went south and had a skunk. Of course you know me and my friends, no trolling rods on our boat.:D
Jack,I never did like Trollin'!Would surely rather Jig.BUT after catchin' that 45/35 on the Troll last week and only using about 18 gallons of Gas in 2 trips.......Well.......Gotta do what ya' gotta do to catch 'em.I'm still in the learning stages!

Now when it comes Spring time,after encountering 49 idiots out there,I'll give trollin' up!!Jack will you still be my Friend?:D;-)

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
This is really getting sad Mike I never thought you would get this deep into the “Dark Side” but I guess you have to do what you have to do. :helpsmilie: WTG Mike at least you got one for the table and thanks for the report just can’t wait to read the ones where you travel 150 miles only to take a boat ride. :D

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is really getting sad Mike I never thought you would get this deep into the "Dark Side" but I guess you have to do what you have to do. :helpsmilie: WTG Mike at least you got one for the table and thanks for the report just can't wait to read the ones where you travel 150 miles only to take a boat ride. :D
Steve,I was going to head to Solomons for the Bite,But with that N.E. wind I figured it would be a bit bumpy.So I stayed local.:D:D:D

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Only trolled to Breezy? your slipping Mike:D ...Hey one is better than coming back empty handed.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Jack will you still be my Friend?:D;-)
Well!!!???? I'll have to think about it.:D Actually, to be honest Mike, I'll troll on one or two trips in the spring, but after a fish or two, I think, OK I can do this and go back to jigging. It takes more work, but you can do it, it's just that most don't want to run all over the bay looking for a few fish bunched up so that you can jig them. I got my largest rock ever last spring jigging and it was 46"s. Nice fish no matter how you catch it. Merry Christmas

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M.B.......How many Rods did YOU Troll when you had your Boat??:D

Roger.....Bloody Point.Thats one reason I don't like Trollin',It takes FOREVER to get anywhere!:D

Jack.....I was going to take some time and Jig the Bridge yesterday,But it was TOO rough.I took a few over the Bow Trollin' into it.Very little water came in the Boat though.It takes quite a bit of a dip to get water in my Boat.She has a big Carolinia Flair.Gettin' that Big one last week,I feel like a "Crack Head" that was given a Big Rock!!!:DHave a Safe and Happy Holiday !![Mike]

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Glad you got out Mike! Im heading down south on Tuesday to try to drum up a couple for Christmas dinner. Im so tired of turkey and ham. Im thinking oysters, and rockfish are much better table fare for visiting family! Happy Holidays Mike...

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
M.B.......How many Rods did YOU Troll when you had your Boat??:D
Roger.....Bloody Point.Thats one reason I don't like Trollin',It takes FOREVER to get anywhere!:D

Jack.....I was going to take some time and Jig the Bridge yesterday,But it was TOO rough.I took a few over the Bow Trollin' into it.Very little water came in the Boat though.It takes quite a bit of a dip to get water in my Boat.She has a big Carolinia Flair.Gettin' that Big one last week,I feel like a "Crack Head" that was given a Big Rock!!!:DHave a Safe and Happy Holiday !![Mike]
Ahhhhhhhhhhh 25 ;-):D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad you got out Mike! Im heading down south on Tuesday to try to drum up a couple for Christmas dinner. Im so tired of turkey and ham. Im thinking oysters, and rockfish are much better table fare for visiting family! Happy Holidays Mike...
Tim,Sounds like a GOOD spread!Have a Happy and Safe Holiday!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts