Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was planning on heading out of Solomons on Saturday. Thinking I may not be far enough south. Anyone else going or is everyone going to be at CBBT this weekend?
Craig

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Was planning on heading out of Solomons on Saturday. Thinking I may not be far enough south. Anyone else going or is everyone going to be at CBBT this weekend?
Craig
Solomons is far enough, went out yesterday on a charter and we had our limit and headed back before noon....were out in front of the Gas Docks.
Other boats were working a few miles south and also did well.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solomons is far enough, went out yesterday on a charter and we had our limit and headed back before noon....were out in front of the Gas Docks.
Other boats were working a few miles south and also did well.
Thanks for the heads up.
We will be out both days if weather permits
Cmason on 68

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'll be out of Solomons on Friday--hopefully a short run SE. Baldzilla and Twiksman will be joining me, so I will have to bring all of my rabbit's feet, 4-leaf clovers, and horseshoes onboard.

Tmacl, from the reports that I've seen, winds Sat and Sun look identical. Saturday, theyr'e coming out of the NW, which, IMO, is better than Sun, when they're coming from the S.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I'll be out on Sunday. Not sure if I'll trailer to Solomons or hit the usual spot.

-JB

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I meant SATURDAY. I'll be with Baldzilla and Twiksman out of Solomons in a red, solar-heated CC. If you want to find us, just look towards HI and you'll see the glares off the tops of their domes.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
CBBT - Sat to monday - Will not be on my sailfish but on my friends Parker SC jigging and eeling.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Headed out of solomons. Running south again maybe WAY south. calling for 1-2's so think I wil see how far depending on the sea's. If anything 72a -72 . Talked to some guys today who went out monday on a charter boat. They nailed the fish by 9:00 and all of them were over 40":eek2: At least that's what he said. I did not see pics. Last year dec 14th we went all the way down to 68 in thick fog any of you guy's remember that day. Big fish were out that day

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Remember that day????? Sure, it was the day Skip swore the fog would lift by 9 or 9:30. I must admit, his radar reports over vhs did help me get to red 66 where we nailed several nice fish. I'm a year older and wiser now so I wouldn't go out on a day like that again; or would I? No worries, Sunday looks like 48 degrees winds sse at 7 and Monday is calling for 60 degrees winds s at 8. Even Tues. looks fishable at 60 degrees winds nw at 7 with a 30% chance of rain. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yea that's the day . I put my planners out and there were times we couldn't see them:eek: Not too smart When that ship was coming up the channel the guy's with radar were wee on the radio posting all to it's location :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Jason, you've got me second-guessing my game plan. Last year, after 12/10, I did well right by HI lighthouse, so I was gonna avoid the ride south. Depending on reports from today/tomorrow, I may stick with that plan or run to HS. It just sucks running too far this time of year in a CC .

·
Registered
738 Posts
Jason, you've got me second-guessing my game plan. Last year, after 12/10, I did well right by HI lighthouse, so I was gonna avoid the ride south. Depending on reports from today/tomorrow, I may stick with that plan or run to HS. It just sucks running too far this time of year in a CC .
I got room if ya wanna ho

1 - 20 of 31 Posts