Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished from 8-2 today, pulling umbrellas and mojo/spoon rigs. Early in the day, the bite was ~2 miles off the beach with fish to 43 inches. Mid-morning to afternoon it was closer to the beach... all you wanted. Most of the fish came just off the bait marks. Bait was so thick in spots that we snagged a half dozen bunker on the spoons.

Catch of the day: I broke off a Mojo/Crippled Aelwive 13/0 spoon and snagged it on the other wire line... along with a 42" fish. Meat and a 45.00 save.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Helluva ketch Al and some nice fish to boot. I'm gonna give it a try next Saturday myself. Gonna try a few new baits and see what we can do.

DEAN #3

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Al,

..is that what you call a "double hook up"?:D

Nice save!! Glad you got out. I guess the new ride works well.

Dean, ......good to see that you're still alive....and hopefully well!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Yeah Richard....we need to go tues after you Dr appt. Cant wait to get off work to fish again!!!! Thanks for the report!!!! Martin

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
aha.. so that's where them commies are located!! nuice report, al, and phenomenal save on that rig, and trayt! were you on your new ride?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
481 Posts
saturday

:) Nice report AL, I was out with you and only brought four in the boat and lost five. My son had a friend and his father go with us and lost four of the five and my son wouldn't use the net. It was a little rough in the morning and wasn't too bad in the afternoon. Glad you saved your lure and fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts