Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am registered. I have not heard from Norm on how many folks have turned in there registration yet. If I find out, I'll post on here for everyone to see. Looks like there will be ice on the boat from cast net water again this Saturday morning:hammer:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That many huh? That's more than I expected. With all the great promotion the BISC tournaments get I can't understand why there's so little participation.

·
Registered
70 Posts
So how many did end up fishing yesterdayand what were the results? I had a previous commitment at church and was unable to fish.
Benji

·
Registered
43 Posts
There where a total of five boats in the tournament. Sidekick and I landed 3 fish for the day with one being a keeper. The one keeper that we caught was just a keeper. We picked it up at junkmans curve on a flat line with a planer board. Like it normally goes for us, we fished on Friday and caught a 31.5" fish but struggled to put a keeper in the boat on the day of the tournament. It still is great fun to be in the tounament.
I wish that we could figure out why the turnouts have declined. I know it is hunting season and the stripers are in the bay this time of the year but to me this time of the year is some great fishing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I caught my bait at Occoneechee. I caught 1 fish at the RR bridge, then my other 9 came from millionaire point around mid-day during that hour when the sun came out. One fish hit a down line at 15’, but most fish came on free lines 18 pulls out with one big split-shot attached to the leader. The battery compartment for one of my electric socks broke, so my left toes got a little chilly for a while. :ibeillin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts