Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday at WCO I'll be tying trout and salmon flies. Here is what I have planned, but am totally open to suggestions...

Little Black Stones
1 nymph
2 different dries, one for fast water and one for slow water

Sulphers
1 emerger
1 extended body parachute
1 trailing shuck parachute
1 cdc dun

Maybe get into some caddis patterns if time allows.

Any requests? Any interset in Atlantic salmon flies?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow Andy, that's a lot of flies. They all sound good to me, especially since the stones should come in handy pretty soon (if it ever warms up a little).

I don't know if you like tying terrestrials but there's this deer hair beetle, I think it was called a tan deer hair japanese beetle (don't know why though since it doesn't look like a japanese beetle at all), that I love but I can't find in shops anymore and I'm almost out of them. If you have time I'd love to see that one. I can bring some samples of ones that I bought to show you. It's been one of my most productive flies when all of the standard terrestrials get refused.

What time will you be starting? Thanks. David

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If anyone is on the fence about going due to time restraints etc... you are off your rocker if you don't get over there and tie with andy.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hey Ken No he can't do them very well. He still needs pratice;) I think what he needs to do. Is tie a box full of them and fill my fly box. So I can try them out and give him some pointers.:D If fact ken he can pole me around on that poling plate form i'm going to build. so he can get some first hand knowlage on how its done. bwahahahaha

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Ken you are so right. I've tryed to edjamakate dat kid.:eek: And man I think he is thicker then a brick wall reniforced with concret.;) :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts