Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chesapeake Bay From Drum Point To Smith Point- Forecast @ 2:00 PM Tuesday
(It has already changed for the worse since this AM)

Sat
Se winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming SW 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Waves 3 ft...subsiding to 2 ft after midnight. Showers with a chance of tstms...then a chance of showers after midnight. Winds and waves higher and visibilities lower in and near tstms.

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
I always take any forecast over 24 hours out with a grain of salt.

Agree with you - very likely to change in next few days.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you follow the weather blogs you read a lot of posts about especially unreliable forecasts and wacky model runs right now. Maybe because of Springtime dynamics and maybe because of the La Nina pattern we had? Saturday I plan to show up and go with the nowcast!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was waiting for this thread to show up (just knew it would!). The weather didn't look all that good last I checked and might result in some wet anglers, but we'll roll the dice a few more times between now and then and pray for the best.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think 2 have already backed out on me for saturday. Come hell or high water, (and probably gonna be both) i'm gonna give it a shot! lets hope the forecast changes for the better!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Probably can't be much worse than it was last year on opening day!
I was heading from Middle River down to Chesapeake Beach that day and if memory serves me right, wind was 20-25 out of the NW with higher gusts and 3' fters most of the way.
This is the updated forecast from this morning from Sandy Point to North Beach. But as others have said, it will change six times by Satruday morning! ;)
ANZ532-132000-
CHESAPEAKE BAY FROM SANDY POINT TO NORTH BEACH-
600 AM EDT WED APR 13 2011

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH THIS EVENING...

TODAY
NE WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING NW 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT
LATE THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON. WAVES 1 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY...MAINLY
THIS MORNING.

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

THU
NW WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

THU NIGHT
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

FRI
E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

FRI NIGHT
E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS TO 20 KT. WAVES 1 FT.

SAT
SE WINDS 15 KT...BECOMING SW AFTER MIDNIGHT. WAVES 1 FT. A
CHANCE OF TSTMS. SHOWERS.

SUN
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i think 2 have already backed out on me for saturday. Come hell or high water, (and probably gonna be both) i'm gonna give it a shot! lets hope the forecast changes for the better!
Be rite there with u Thunderhawk , my crew is also getting skinnier by the day...bunch of sissy's

Here is the weather report from HYDRO25fishermansweather.com

SAT - SOUTH WIND 0 TO 2 MPH , WAVES 0 , SUNNY 65 DEG

SUN - SOUTH WIND 0 TO 2 MPRH , WAVES 0 , SUNNY 70 DEG

better get out there boys the rock will be jumping in the boat like the asian carp

even the bass boats are going to be trolling sat and sun

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As expected: Here is the Wednesday 9 AM forecast for the same area, Drum Pt. to Smith Point.

Sat
Se winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming SW 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 3 ft. A chance of tstms. Showers

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
As expected: Here is the Wednesday 9 AM forecast for the same area, Drum Pt. to Smith Point.

Sat
Se winds 20 to 25 kt...becoming SW 15 to 20 kt after midnight. Waves 3 ft. A chance of tstms. Showers
I think that wave forecast is horribly wrong. SE 20-25 will produce 3-5 in that strecth of water. Good thing I'm not fishing Saturday!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Gang,

I still plan on fishing. I'll be leaving SPSP about O'dark thirty. We'll take a peak and if it's to bad back on the trailer we'll go. One thing is for sure, the first sign of lighning and the Strikezone is out of there. Be safe and don't temp fate.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts