Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick hello. Discovered this site last week but haven't had the time to make my first posting until now.

I do the majority of my fishing in the Sandy Hook/Raritan Bay area but will go out of Belmar, Pt. Pleasant and Barnegat.

I do alot of party boat fishing but also frequent numerous charter boats that run open trips. As well the occasional full charter.

I try to get on the water once a week (usually on a weekend) from mid April right through til X-Mas.

I plan on being an active poster in this forum as well as others.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I live in VA, but look forward to hearing your posts. I've got family in NJ and fished out of Brielle a lot as a kid w/ my grandfather, so I'm familiar with the areas. Good luck and Catch 'em Up!!

--Don

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Skollman,

Welcome to the board. I now live in Virginia, but grew up in NJ; Edison, Metuchen, and then Toms River. Moved here in '87.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome aboard. I fished the Chesapeake bay and the Raritan bay this year. I am new to it and just learning. I live in SE PA so it takes me 2.5-3 hours to get to either place. I currently have an 18' bayliner open bow which I need to replace with a better fishing boat that is still easy to trailer. Not sure what that is yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to run a 23' CC in Raritan Bay and IMHO it was the ideal boat. It was also wells uited to fish around the Hook and down/off the beach.

I'm hoping to get another boat within the next few years once my daughter is out of college (or if I hit the lottery first...[grin]).

Not sure it thats the best for you as I see from your other post that you want it to double as a duck hunting boat.

Let me know if/when you'll be up in Raritan Bay in the spring. We have a great mid-April thru June striper (rockfish for those of you in MD & Va.) bite. I know numerous hotspots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts