Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JC and headed out for Stripers. Drifted eels at the #10 buoy east of the high rise. Got there at high tide as soon as the tide picked up it was on!!!
Caught five, released three all were 45 pound class fish with one tipping the scales at 63 pounds!!!! The 63 pounder was caught on my Penn Live Liner spooled w/20 pound test mono, a 6/0 Gamakatsu Octopus circle hook, 50 pound mono leader, under a free lined bobber and on a tiny 6" eel. It took 40 minutes to get her safely in the net, when she first swirled (25 min into the fight) just under the surface the swirl looked like an outboard taking off. From the swirl alone we knew she was HUGE!!! What really sucked is she took me around the boat at least six times went from port to stbd and back across the bow at least eight times and every time she would change directions I could feel her massive tail hitting the leader as she pulled drag trying to swim off... nerve racking to say the least. More details to come!!! We got it all on video and that will be coming soon as well!!! AWESOME NIGHT!!!

Thanks JC for the trip and fish of a lifetime!!! "DO WORK"!!!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
60# club hey! Sweet! Man what a nice fish.

I actually cuaght a citation last night. Billy had to take a picture of me reeeling one in.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Awesome fish! I'm still looking for that class.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
BIG Fish

Way to go Lou, what a nice fish. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
HOLY MOLY BATMAN!!!:bigfish::rockingreport:

Lou:
That's definitely a fish of a lifetime...:thumbup: Congrats!!!:yes:

BTW: What no Bostom Whaler???
Were you LOST???:eek:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
WTG

WOW Lou man what a fish. Lou congrats on one hell of a slob:clap::clap:. Maybe one day I'll get one of those but in the meantime I'll take what I can get:D

1 - 20 of 88 Posts