Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Before you put them in it might be wise to take a pieco of shoestring and thread a loop through the center of the foam to make a pull handle, knot the bottom really big (to keep from pulling throug... use a coat hanger to make a jumbo "needle" to thread the string through the foam.) This provides a fast "drain" in case of a water level emergency...ie....lots of waves crashing over your boat, or biblical downpour....[wink]

· Registered
166 Posts
Going along with the little nerf balls, i had (before i made some foam ones,) been using little practice golf balls (yellow foam) they fit really tight in my tarpon, they sealed really well, are like a buck fifty at wally world for a dozen. (golf section)[wink] honestly i would still be using them, but i like to make things, and i had this nice peice of closed cell foam with no use laying around.......

p.s. they also fight really tightly in the bottom of rod holders, and are kinda hard to get out, so dont stick them in there....i dont know why i did, kinda like a kid with beans up his nose i guess...[grin]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.