Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,
I've read and heard all kinds of bad things about Sea Boss. I bought a 2005 180CC with a F90 Yammy and it runs great and rides great and handles smoothly and quickly. It jumps up on plane and runs 40 MPH at 5500RPM. Its dry in rough water and other than finding a couple of unused wiring harness plugs dangling in the bilge and under the Center Console and scratching myself a few times on sharp fiberglass spurs reaching into the hull its been great! I coated the unused connectors with liquid electrical tape and cable tied them out of the way. I may have to wear gloves when reaching inside the hull, but thats no big deal. Now somebody tell me the down side of owning a Sea Boss. I understand that the factory is less than cooperative on warranty work. But for $15,800 delivered with an F90 Yammy and an aluminum trailer, whats the bad news? Either I got a good one or the worst is yet to come! I don't work for Sea Boss and don't have any affiliation with any marine dealers so think my input is totally unbiased. I had a 16' Cape Horn and sold it to buy the Sea Boss. The Cape Horn was very Stout, rode very rough and very wet. I loved it and often went out 15 miles into the gulf
on it. Compared to the Cape Horn the Sea Boss rides smooth, cuts the water and handles very crisply. So, did I buy a piece of junk? When will it fall apart? OR maybe its just trendy to bash Sea Boss boats. I'm very serious when I ask for the downside, so far its just not apparent. All inputs are appreciated.

FLCoyote

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
first do a search on here for my posts, we like ours also, but when we can use it it makes it that much better. right now it is SC waiting on a complete new deck, been awhile too, and it is also the third time it has been there.
Personally I am getting tired of raging on them (I wish some of the others that have bmailed & emailed me)would stand up too but they seem to be afraid that folkes like you, who might just work for the company...and OH YES IT DOES HAPPEN ALOT.....ALL THIS TIME I SPENT b**** i COULD BE FISHING, BUT WITHOUT OUR BOAT IT IS KINDA HARD TO DO..all I can tell you if the one you have is even close to the one we and some others we know you will not be smiling to long.....I just hope you have a good dealer, and I mean a good one. if not when you get to that point and you will know when it is give me a mail and I will give you the names in order to call.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Timber,

I'm sure that lots of people are having problems. So far mine is doing fine. This is my third boat in 21 Years and I never had any warranty or dealer work on the first (Bayliner) or the second (Cape Horn). There just isn't a whole lot that can go wrong with a molded fiberglass hull. Its either done right or problems show up quickly. I fully expect spider cracks to show up in the gel-coat. The boat is bound to flex and while custom boats use $100 a gallon gel-coat, productions boats use $28 a gallon gel coat. All of my instruments and the control panel and pumps work fine. I did email Sea Boss for some technical specs and didn't get an answer. I guess that if anything minor shows up I'll just fix it myself or at my expense rather than going through the hassles you and others appear to have experienced. Thank you very much for your reply and if I do need the company contacts I'll get back to you.
FLCoyote

·
Registered
23 Posts
sea boss is the same as seapro. the only thing i can say is i have had mine since 98. bought new with a 90hp.. the 90hp is not enough mine broke a ring in 02. bought a new 140hp johnson 4 stroke and put on it.. goes 50mph run great... the only thing is you could have paid $12500 for mine. im selling it ( two young girls don't use much) motor still under warranty till 9/06 with lowrance depth/gps. everything goes... seapro/sea boss great boat.. if anyone hears of someone looking let me know.. email me [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I'll tell you what..i am tired of posting the truth about this company,,,,how they treat their coustomers and the quality of their boats they build. I already know that most of these "BIG" companies have people that sit in front of the computer all day sticking up for the junk they sell,,and anyone that tells the truth about them they try to slam and accuse the poster of making stuff up and so on (no hasn't happened here on this board) but it does happen. Matter of fact a friend of mine was one of those people but not in the boating industry. Also I get emails every time I tell it like it is but, these dissatisfied owners will not post themselves because of the Bull they have had to take from others, I even had a guy post on a thread about sea boss that I was in and said he had one he bought in "93" and never had a prob. with it and so on hmmmmmmmm THEY DID NOT MAKE THAT BOAT IN 93!!!!!!!!! so all i got to say is good luck and i just wish someone had told me the truth before we got ripped off!!! and if anyone else wants to buy one let me know, you can even pick it up in SC at their factory

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
and again with some of the emails I have been getting....I wish you guys yould just go ahead and post your dislikes, but aneeeway here is a link to boatus ck it out for yourselves
http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=54703&TPN=1

·
Registered
456 Posts
actually, sea Pro moved up a couple notches in quality and Sea Boss filled its slot using the old Sea Pro molds and bottom of the bucket hardware. Sea Pro is now a decent boat. Not a Grady or Robalo but decent. In line with the trophies I guess. Don't see much on Robalo's anymore. Or Wahoo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.