Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody been seing any sea ducks around. We normally hit the love point area, but haven't had the notion to go out yet due to the warmer weather. Maybe next weekend we'll run down south for some cast and blast and see what's going on. Any sighting would be appreciated.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have saw a group of 150 buffleheads love point area. I was thinking the same thing you are what type of rig do you run?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i've seen some over on the western shore, up near the bodkin and as far south as the magothy, but haven't gone out gunning yet. its not nearly as many as it has been in years past... i assume cuz its still warm out. it seems to be getting colder & windier by the day - we're almost there...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Saw surf scoters and old squaws today in the choptank.Saw both there a week ago to so they seem to be good numbers around.About a week ago saw buffleheads off of Rockhall.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We just hunt outta a 17' lowes with a 40 hp honda. we ordered it with out seats. so we rubber matted the floor and sit down on the floor and lean back on the sides. very low profile and comfortable. The flat bottom makes it for a very stable platform shooting, but it beats the hell out of you when your running in chop and white caps.

I often wanted to do a cast and blast off my contender. If the charter boats shoot good numbers, why wouldn't the contender work?

we run usually 4 strings, 2 skunk heads and 2 longtails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts