Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These inflatables sound interesting.I'm considering one for the Potomac/Susquhanna River.Anyone know about these?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 9'6" with the slat roll-up floor. Have used it for 2 years and no problems. Have a 4hp merc that we use to explore while at anchor, or just to run across the river into a cove to fish. When I was looking to buy an inflatable, I didn't want to spend a lot. I have been very happy with the sea eagle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Sea Eagle 8 that I've had for a couple of years. No problems. If your interested, I'm considering selling as I no longer need. Will be priced very reasonable.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That figures...I wish I would have read this before I bought a SE9 a few days ago.Anyway...I paid $549 delivered for the boat & then bought a 3.3 Merc.(28lbs) from Boaters World.I blew it up in the sunroom and I think I'll like it.I've got my fingers crossed that the 3.3 has enough power to motor up stream in the Susky below Conowingo Dam with a few units running.I used to fish with a guy there who had a 14ft.alluminum boat w/a 3.5 John.that worked for him .Can't wait for spring there.Shad,White Perch,Smallmouth,Stripers & Walleye.I didn't want to make the 4 mi.run up the rocky river from Lapidum in my 16ft.Caroilna Skiff so that's why I bought the Sea Eagle.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mistake ..I bought the 3.3 from West Marine.BTW..Merc.is discontinuing their 3.3(28lb.) 2 stroke.Their 2 stroke 4hp.weighs in a 45lb.light weight 2 strokes will soon be a thing of the past.I owned a 2.5 merc and it was flawless for many years.You can run all day on these little engines on a gallon of gas.The 2.5 pushed me in my 16 Carolina Skiff at a brisk walking speed.I haven't tried out the 3.3 yet,but it's the same size.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep..But couldn't wait til spring.Fished an open river today in my Kayak & lucked into a school of Yellow perch,white perch and 1 striped bass.I didn't expect to get that lucky today.Released em all Merry Christmas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts