Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever run this through their fuel system on a 2 stroke? Do you just pour it in the tank?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have ran it though mine. I just poured it into the fuel tank. The same company that makes seafoam make "Deep Creep" which you fog right into the carbs through your fogging port. These two products will do wonders on dirty carbs. Saved me a trip to the mechanic last year.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have ran it though mine. I just poured it into the fuel tank. The same company that makes seafoam make "Deep Creep" which you fog right into the carbs through your fogging port. These two products will do wonders on dirty carbs. Saved me a trip to the mechanic last year.
Ok i'm new at this but theres a fogging port? When I fogged my motor i sprayed it into the combustion chamber after pulling the plugs out. Did i do it wrong?

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I have used Sea Foam twice and I even poured it right in my fuel separator and ran it for about 10 mins in the driveway then let it set for about 15 mins then start it back up. I poured the rest in the fuel tank and never had a problem. I do have a 4 stroke and you should had seen the smoke that came out of the motor once I started it back up, it burned out all of the carbin in the motor.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
i have run it through mine. i rigged up a short piece of fuel hose and i pour a whole can into a gallon can of gas/oil. Fire it up and let it run for a few mins. Cut it off and let it sit for 15-20 mins and then start it with your regular gas/oil. It will smoke like crazy for a while, thats all the carbon being burned off.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My 1995 Johnson 90 has a fogging port on the front side of the motor near the carbs. If yours has one you can hook up a can of deep creep to the little schrader valve (using a fogging hose) and spray directly into the carbs. Your motor will smoke like a bug fogger for about 20 minutes.

I pumped enough into the carbs to flood the motor. I then let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes and then fired it back up. I have also sprayed directly into the cylinders and had good success. Just make sure you crank the motor a couple times without the plugs to blow the excess out of the cylinders before starting.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
809 Posts
Never hear of Deep Creep or SeaFoam until today....Looks like I need to get me some!:D

Learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
It's very cheap and, for those of you with Yammie OX66 OBs, it claims to be O2-sensor safe! I used it for the first time just before winterizing. It comes in either a can or a spray bottle. The latter gets sprayed into the engine, the former goes into a tank with gasoline (prefereably a seperate 1-gallon tank ... although I like the F/W seperator idea). Let the motor sit for 10-20 minutes, then run it for a while. The motor will smoke like a bug fogger. If th motor is in the water, you'll also see a dull film. That's the carbon spewing out. My mechanic did warn me that sometimes a piece of carbon gets caught in a plug. If that happens, simply take the plugs out and clean the offending piece off.

A lot of people swear by the Sea Foam method, finding it way more effective than regular anti-carbon additives, like ring free (although if you're paranoid like me, you can do both), or risky O2 sensor cleaning methods. I guess I'll see how long my motor lasts before forming an opinion.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
advance auto parts has it cheaper than NAPA, where it is over $6 a can. Some people say the loosened carbon can cause major problems, others swear by it. For me, I do know in older outboards that lost rpm after a couple treatments it revved back to redline

·
Registered
708 Posts
Never hear of Deep Creep or SeaFoam until today....Looks like I need to get me some!:D

Learn something new everyday.
A few bucks at Advance Auto will get you a couple of cans. Sea Foam is liquid and Deep Creep is an aerosol.

·
809 Posts
OK....Just so I'm clear on this. Deep Creep is for Winterizing and Sea Foam is for De-Winterizing?

I too like the F/W seperator idea.

:jackthread: Sorry for jacking your thread Jonathan, but you brough up a great topic!:thumbup:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Deep Creep can be used to do an instant cleaning to the carbs. You fog the carb like you would for winter, but the results are instant. Sea Foam is liquid and gets dump into the gas tank and dilluted.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
OK....Just so I'm clear on this. Deep Creep is for Winterizing and Sea Foam is for De-Winterizing?

I too like the F/W seperator idea.

:jackthread: Sorry for jacking your thread Jonathan, but you brough up a great topic!:thumbup:
no, its same stuff, just different transport mechanism - spray vs. just liquid

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I get mine at my local NAPA store and it's cheap. I was told that you can just put it your W/S so I did and I could not believe all the smoke that came out of the motor but that means it's working....

·
809 Posts
Holly Cow!!!! You can use that stuff for just about anything!!!

Just read all about it on the web (http://www.seafoamsales.com/).

Looks like I'll be treating the boat, cars and guns with this stuff.

Pretty impressive and it has the backing of TF members too.:clap:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts