Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not, I read somewhere can't remember if it was boat us or not, they had a consumer rating for different boats, mine is a sea boss which i have and was not suprised to see it was next to last...the sea fox was last..

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
http://consumercenter.jdpower.com/cc/rd/cc/boats/ratings/index.asp?v1=2

Note that these results are based upon surveys of the owners of the boat brands. So, this is a ranking of "customer satisfaction". But also, there are plenty of happy Sea Hunt/Boss owners out there who feel they get their money's worth.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought a Sea Fox 230 WA a year ago and have just one complaint. I should have bought a bigger outboard. The 140 Suzuki 4-stroke is a little small and slightly tardy out of the hole, but will push the boat (with a full gas tank) to about 30 mph when trimmed out right. I should have gone with a 200 hp minimum.

That being said, I LOVE MY SEA FOX!!!! I looked at many different boats, and did a year of research before buying. For the price (comparable Grady is twice as much on $$) the Sea Fox was the best deal.

If you take care of it, almost any boat can last a long time. I sold a 1970 Critchfield 17 foot tri-hull with 1984 115 hp Evinrude that my Dad gave me, still in good shape. It was garage kept, cleaned after every trip, serviced regularly, and generally taken good care of.[angel]

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've got a 19ft sea fox and love it. I have a 115hp johnson on it and it will push 40mph if needed. There are pro's and con's with every boat out there. I bought the sea fox because the price is good , you get a lot for the $$. I have had no complaints for the past 5 years. They are made by legacy boat company.

·
Registered
78 Posts
buddy bought one and it's not a year old and three weeks ago it almost sunk 60 miles offshore. the top part wasn't put together right with the hull. everytime we hit a wave a gallon of water would come in where the rub rail is. the company was great about fixing it. the boat lay out stinks and it doesn't ride good at all. you get what you pay for.

G

·
I have a 230 cc Seafox that I bought in March. Have 2 115 hp mercs on it and so far it has done all I have ask it to do. Certainly there are better boats out there but as long as you take care of it, it will do fine.
I have never had mine 60 miles off shore and I can assure you I never will. That's asking for trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.