Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
I own a 186 , 2004 model. Bought her used last year, used her 5 or 6trips and had her serviced to transfer warranty on yamaha 115 fourstroke ..She has 61 hours on her.Would recommend T-top a couple more rod holders.Of course radio and best electronics you can afford if a fisherman...Boat seems solid and 115 pushes her along at 40+mph...Single axle trailer with boat weight not to bad to haul around..I'm dragging mine about 4 hours one way to fish bay or ocean...Handles rough water like a 18 foot boat should...But then all fishing is wind related in the end... gl, Donnie b..

· Registered
345 Posts
I bought a 2001 Seahunt 172 used last February with a 90 hp Johnson. I sold it in June. The boat was pretty good but I felt it had alot more gelcoat cracks than it should for the age. I had cracks on the gunnels on the inside of each corner which I wasn't pleased with. Wiring didn't hold up too well but the main reason I sold it was the motor. I didn't like the Johnson. The boat handled fairly well and took small chop well. I personally think the boat nedded more bow flair for a dryer ride in cross winds.

I ended up buying a 17' Sea Mark which is a tri hull skiff that looks alot like the Whaler Montauk. I fish this boat alot and have really enjoyed it. The ride is great and it is easy to trailer. It is economical with a 50 hp four stroke Honda.

After reading how great everyone said Sea Hunt Boats are I honestly expected more - especially in build quality.

Just my opinion. [smile]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.